Hours of guide missing for FX this week

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by TAsunder, Jan 26, 2006.

1. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I was on vacation for a week, and came back to find that the shield had not recorded. When I scrolled through the FX channel listings, a peculiar thing happened. The listings just stopped at 2pm and resumed at 8am the next day on both monday and tuesday, and were missing from wednesday on. To Do list showed no upcoming showings of the shield. My last call had been on 1/17. All other channels were fine.

When I forced a call, the future guide data was correct.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I am now wondering whether I can trust my DirecTivo to actually record things without me checking the To Do list each day or upcoming schedule on select stations.

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Do a search on FX and look at posts over the last couple weeks.

The Channel identifier for FX was changed, and that screwed up all the Season Passes on FX. There are some reports that it is still messed up, but usually a reboot has been correcting that.

3. Jnetty99

Jnetty99 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Oceanside, NY
    Yeah, mine didnt record, i had to do it manually. There is also a problem with Stargate Atlantis shows not recording either.

4. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    That is a primarily a different problem (Stargate Atlantis)

Stargate Atlantis, had bad data in it's guide data. It had it's First Run Date set to the First Run Date in Canada, not the First Run on Sci-Fi...

I do recall though a posting regarding this weeks Shield having a similar issue, but the bulk of the problems with F/X where related to the remapping of the channel.

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I thought it might be a renamed channel at first too. But why would it have data after I made a call, and be missing huge chunks of data before? If it just showed up normally but didn't record, I would have just assumed it was a renamed channel. But for data to be missing in huge chunks seems like a different problem to me.