Horrible Customer Support

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by wilfried, Jan 5, 2009.

1. wilfried

wilfried Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Seattle

Advertisements

I've had TiVo for 8 years. I love it when I don't have to call support.

I've just had two horrible experiences with their support people:

I had to cancel service on an old box, I can't even begin to tell you what I had to do just to cancel the service on a box that has not called "home" for months. I still have other HD box on my account, it's not like they were loosing a customer... When to lame agent finally agreed to cancel the service, he requested a current CC number to charge, then refund the last month of the service. Supposedly he could not cancel the service without doing that first... ??? Really??

Then I suggested to a friend a TiVo HD for xmas. He got one. I bought him a TiVo service gift card. I bought it on the TiVo web site. Stand alone card, not the packaged one with a DVR. My friend already activated his Tivo, turns out you can't apply a gift card to an account. You can ONLY use it when you first set up the box... Does it say that when you buy it online? NO. It does say it in the FAQ, but it's no where when you go through the steps to buy a gift card. Even if you call they are unable to add a gift card credit to an existing account. What kind computer system do they use ? Can't add a gift card credit to an account??? Really?? How dumb, lame and so unfriendly.

Can I return the gift card? Of course not! Their 1981 computer system can't handle that either.

This really tarnished my views of TiVo (the company).