Hooking up TIVO to receiver

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ktpmm5, Jan 16, 2006.

1. ktpmm5

ktpmm5 New Member

Jan 16, 2006

Advertisements

I've got a 40 hour Tivo, and am trying to hook it up into my receiver. I've got an image below of my system - basically the directv cable goes into the sat box, and all components go into the receiver. My directv out of my wall has 2 feeds - one to sat box, and I tried hooking the second into the tivo box (sat in), then line out from tivo into the "LD" space on my receiver (because everything else is full). No dice - don't get anything on the screen at all. Can someone help - I'm obviously not hooking up something correctly!

I can't put in a link to my setup the right way because I haven't posted 5 times yet - argh -

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    TiVo can not decode the Satellite signal. So the feed into your TiVo has to come from your Satellite box not the wall. You can use the composite Video or S-Video outputs on the satellite receiver to the same inputs on your TiVo.

Hope this helps,

atmuscarella

3. ktpmm5

ktpmm5 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Well duh, I should have thought of that! If I take the s-video out from the sat receiver into the tivo (vice into my marantz a/v receiver), i lose my tv picture. should i then take then s-video out from the tivo and put it into the s-video in on my a/v receiver? Sorry to be so stupid about this -

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Sounds right to me.

Your path should be Satellite dish to Satellite receiver to TiVo to surround sound receiver to TV.

Good Luck,

atmuscarella