hooking samsung sir-s4120r to computer

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by bloodx2, Sep 8, 2007.

1. bloodx2

bloodx2 New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    hello, I have the samsung sir-s4120r Tivo box and I am trying to hook it up to my computer to use TivoToGo. This box does not have an ethernet port, but it does have USB ports. I have read the USB ports might be disabled and i might need to hack it to do this. I am not sure how to hack or if there is any other way to hook it up to my computer, if anything can help, i would appreciate it.

Thank you

2. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    The sir-s4120 is a dtivo... like all dtivos it doesn't support TivoToGo, and only supports MRV/HMO/networking if it is hacked

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You can add TiVoTogo-like transfers, but since that is considered extraction, that is all I can say.

4. bloodx2

bloodx2 New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    I am really looking to transfer stuff off my tivo to DVD-R on the computer, so there is there any way i can do this, and if not what other kind of Tivo box would i need to buy. I am sorry I am not that educated on the different kinds of Tivo boxes.

5. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    It's quite possible, but you'll need to compromise the box first. You can do this yourself manually, or use the automated zipper program from this forum. Once the box is hacked, you can do what you want, but transferring unencrypted shows to your pc is considered extraction, so it can't be discussed on this forum. Just do a google search for tivo hacking, there's another forum (hint:ddb) where you can talk about it to your heart's content.