Honda 200 IndyCar Mid-Ohio Tivo nightmare

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by goony, Jul 22, 2007.

1. goony

goony New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Race was sked to be on ABC today (Sun. 22-Jul-07) from 1:30PM to 4:00PM Eastern... crawl on screen says "Race will start at 2:00PM on ESPN" - British Open is on instead. Grrr.

My son calls me from the racetrack, says they made some lame announcement about race delay due to fans not yet at the track... total BS - perfect weather in Ohio today, no reason for any delay - the TV network must have convinced them to delay by 30 mins so they could arrange to cover on the ESPN channel instead at 2:00 PM.

So, I tune to ESPN just minutes ago to start the recording (I killed the ABC recording) and see a crawl "Race coverage will resume on ABC after the conclusion of the British Open" - this is a Cluster Foxtrot for those that are trying to have a successful unattended recording of the race.

I've now told it to record the ABC channel as well, but padded it with 1 hour extra. (Good thing I have a dual-tuner DTivo).

2. Rolow

Rolow Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Peoria,AZ
    Got home from work this morning to find a whole bunch of golf on my tivo where the race should have been. I am glad they aired the end of the race on abc after the golf insted of airing the whole thing on espn for people like me.
    For those of you that recorded abc only I think they picked up the race 45 or so laps in. It was an 85 lap race so you will have a good portion of it on you dvr. I'm also pretty sure it ended on time. I usualy pad and did not take note of the time before i erased it.