Homeland - S7 E4 - Subtitles ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by rcoates777, Mar 5, 2018.

1. rcoates777

rcoates777 Member

Jun 28, 2005

Advertisements

Tried to get subtitles for Homeland Season 7 Episode 4 on Prime Video last night and was convinced that I had just forgotten how to do it. But it turns out that there weren't any - at least not yet. I see them for the other episodes but not this latest one. Does it take a while for them to show up? I don't recall this problem before.

Thanks!

2. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I had subtitles last night on Homeland but I watched it recorded from Tivo. Strange it didn’t show up on Prime!

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    What is "Prime Video"? Seriously, I have no idea what that is.

But I can also confirm they were on the regular Showtime airing. I'd be screaming if they weren't!

4. rcoates777

rcoates777 Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Prime Video is what used to be Amazon Prime Video. It's Amazon's streaming service. I get Showtime this way since is is considerably cheaper than through my cable company (TWC/Spectrum).

One downside is that you don't get to see any video when you fast forward - you have to watch the incrementing timer and pray.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

Advertisements

Ah thanks. Had no idea. I get it, but hardly ever watch it.

Did you get your captions or subtitles yet? If not, I can check mine.

6. rcoates777

rcoates777 Member

Jun 28, 2005
    If you have Amazon Prime you do get Prime Video BUT that does not include Showtime unless you pay extra. You might be able to see what was offered but if you go to "Watch Now" it will want to charge you. But you might be able to see if S7 E4 has 'Subtitles' listed as an attribute for that episode. I just checked mine again and for that episode there is no subtitle listed whereas the others do show it.