Homeland S01E05 Blind Spot OAD 10/30/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Nov 1, 2011 #1 of 21
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Sgt. Brody is not looking to be a good guy.

It didn't occur to anybody that if the prisoner had the razor all along he could have used it before he talked?

Morena is still as cute as can be. I really like the short hair.

2. Nov 1, 2011 #2 of 21
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Really got a glimpse into Kerri's bi-polar disorder this week.

That was some damn good acting between Danes and Patinkin.

I was thinking about the razor blade as well and thinking if he had it on him the whole time he should have used it before but I guess he had to wait for them to stop watching him so he could not get medical attention quick.

Not going to spoil but the previews for next week look really exciting. This is one of those shows I watch live every week and can't wait until next week. Also one of those shows I wished I had discovered later so I could devour them all in a row.

3. Nov 1, 2011 #3 of 21
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Holy crap this show is good! :up:

That is all. :)

4. Nov 1, 2011 #4 of 21
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    It seems like they cover every base in order to make you doubt everything. They even focused on the prisoner's shoe when they brought him off the plane. And really focused on them when he was being loaded into the van.

5. Nov 1, 2011 #5 of 21
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Even if I wasn't a bad guy I still like to see that dead.

I think Brody is playing both sides, and is on his own morale path. He wants to screw over both the terrorists and the is govt., who obviously just wants to exploit him for what he is.

6. Nov 1, 2011 #6 of 21
    TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I prefer the longer hair. Now she looks too much like the queen from V :)

Even if Brody gave him the razor blade, it doesn't require that he was turned. We know that he did some bad stuff and seemed to be working with Abu Nazir (sp?) while in captivity. He might not have been turned but instead wanted to cover his tracks and make sure the guy did not expose him as having lied to the CIA. Kind of a stretch but not implausible.

7. Nov 1, 2011 #7 of 21
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I predict Brody will admit he slipped him the razor blade. He will claim he did it because he hated the bastard and knew he would use it to kill himself.

8. Nov 1, 2011 #8 of 21
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    She's an incredible actress. The scenes that focused on her face, you could see her illness in her eyes.

YES! :up:

9. Nov 1, 2011 #9 of 21
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    :D it just occurred to me: What d'ya wanna bet that Morena had to do some more on camera work for "V" and they just wrote in a quick bit to deal with her hair being short again?

Is there a DVD set of V coming out or something? ComicCon? :D

Maybe next time she'll just swallow up Brody or Mike.

10. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Agreed.

11. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I find myself really disliking Estes. I have no idea if he is dirty, he may just be incompetent and spiteful. What was he thinking, letting Brody into the room?

12. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    It was in the script. :rolleyes: He's supposed to be the typical thick-headed blundering ambitious politician boss.

What gets me is Sol keeping saying that Carrie will get canned if she keeps it up.

Let's look at what they know:

• The professor very likely got the Saudi crown jewels money that Carrie's asset was murdered for.
    • The Nidal email address leads to him. (Although the whole "trace" is technically bogus.)
    • He bought this house in the suburbs next to the airport (and they'll find it was for cash and he has a blond white American wife)
    • He disappears when the prisoner gives it up.

What else do they need, hammer blow to the noggin?

13. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    The only side Brody is on is his own.

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    You've listed what WE know as the viewer, but we know more than the CIA knows up to this point in the story. They may have suspicions about certain things, but that's a far cry from having confirmation of those particular points.

15. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    :up:

16. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That's what Carrie knows. Her partner knows. Saul knows.

She's gonna quit, but not permanently.

17. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Based on the previews for next week, one of my favorite voice-over actors is going to get a very crucial line. All I can say is "Paging Dr. Venture!" ;)

My apologies to those who read that and who have no idea what I'm talking about. ;)

18. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I think the politician part is key. It seems like most characters in the show believe Brody is destined for high political office. He's being courted by the VP. It would perhaps be political suicide for him to refuse Brody such a request.

19. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    I agree, great show! :up:

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Whether or not Brody has been turned, he was the one that killed the other POW, and this prisoner knew it. Brody didn't want this prisoner to expose the fact that Brody had been complicit in the torturing and murder of one of his fellow Marines.