Homeland S01E04 Semper I OAD 10/23/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Oct 24, 2011.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I know how to tell that a series is one of the greats: I can't wait for the next episode. I wish I could barrel though all of the episodes on demand or DVD.

The glances are supposed to give us a hint that Carrie's new Hispanic/Lebanese CIA partner is a mole.

Should we look for Sgt. Brody and Carrie to have an affair?

From the previews it looks very much like Sgt. Brody is a good guy and is going to help go after Al Qaida as I was suspecting. I dunno how they'll explain how this "terrorist we captured on the raid that freed you" was unknown until now.

http://www.sho.com/site/homeland/episodes.sho?episodeid=138828

2. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I can tell I am into a show when the credits roll, and i'm thinking it's over already??

I'm thinking that Brody is going to put on a big show to get more credibility and to move up the ranks in counter-terrorism, at that point he will be activated...

3. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i love this show - can't wait until the next episode, which is always the telltale sign for me. i wish the entire season was out on DVD already so I could just watch from start to finish :)

4. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Hey!

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Just watched the first three episodes over the weekend, then the new episode last night. Really enjoying this show. Reminds me a lot of "Rubicon," with the anti-terrorist analysis part, but this show seems to also be including the other side of the story as well, rather than just having everything be theoretical.

Clare Danes and Damien Lewis are giving amazing performances.

So why is David Estes suddenly being so nice to Carrie? Does he want something, or is he really just trying to bury the hatchet?

Why was everyone so horrified that he shot the deer? When they first saw it, I wondered why someone didn't suggest shooting it.

6. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    what can i say, you inspired me :)

he wants something, imo.

um, it's at a big dinner party w/kids around? gunfire isn't something generally considered "normal" at such an event !!

7. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That political aide to the Vice-President had the worst southern accent this side of Hazzard County.

Methinks they hired another Brit to show us how easy it is to do an American accent.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Considering the thing he did right before that was try to turn one of Carrie's underlings against her, I'm guessing he wants to bury the hatchet...right between her shoulder blades.
    Shooting Bambi in front of the kids? Not cool.

Firing a gun in a Washington suburb? Way not cool! I'm surprised they didn't show the inevitable massive display of firepower by the cops.

9. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Did anyone recognize the voice that warned the woman in the house and caused her to wave the flag to warn her husband away? I did not recognize the voice, but who knew he was being followed? Carrie, her partner (who was sitting next to her in the car and could not have made the call), and maybe Estes. I don't think the voice was Estes. So I guess either Carrie's partner or Estes signaled someone else, who then made the call.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Or else somebody else was watching the professor, and saw that he was being followed. They weren't exactly subtle about it...

11. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Well he didn't know but who ever watches him knew or did someone on the inside from the briefing meeting tell them? Does the CIA have a mole?

12. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The voice sounded disguised/computerized to me.

I think they would have warned the professor / his accomplice way sooner if it were someone at the CIA; it seemed like someone must have seen him being followed.

Why did they rule him out after he drove seemingly randomly through some suburbs?

13. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I thought the same thing...who drives through a neighborhood randomly to go eat at a restaurant?

14. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    it was an ethnic restaurant so i'd guess they just assumed it was a favorite hangout of his.

15. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    Carrie seems willing to do almost anything in her pursuit of Brody, like when she offered herself to Saul. Brody is obviously attracted to her and was hitting on her. Will she now start a relationship with Brody so that she can observe him closely?

16. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I get the feeling that Brody will notice that someone touched his praying mat

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Which reminds me, I thought it was amusing that he went through his ritual hand-cleansing...and then cleaned his gun instead of praying. :D

18. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    let's hope so! :)

19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    So when Carrie and Brody start with each other, which one will be the crazy one?

20. squint

squint New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    My POS GPS had led me on many such wild goose chases...