Homeland S01E03 Clean Skin OAD 10/16/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Oct 17, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004

Advertisements

The asset's end wasn't as gruesome and prolonged as some expected. But we all knew it was coming.
    So it's possible the assistant and not a terrorist had her killed simply for the necklace and not because she was made?

The couple buying the house, have we seen that man before?

2. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    that was my view, i don't think anyone had a clue about her, to be honest. she was a means to an end.

i thought we've seen him in flashbacks to the torture scenes....?

3. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    After finding nothing on that prince's phone. I was wondering if the phone was a decoy to see if she would download from it. But then again the prince already had the necklace in hand to give to her even as she was downloading. So she was already the designated "escrow" for the transaction. I wonder if they will try to turn that new girl.

That interaction between the husband and wife in the bedroom was hilarious. "No, I've got it"

4. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    yeah, she looked thrilled with that development.... i think he already knows about the wife's affair, but can't 100% tell..

5. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...

Advertisements

The point being the assistant IS a terrorist IMO.

And holy hell how awkward was the scene with the wife in the bedroom? Not sure what to make of that.

6. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I think the prince is being used by his assistant, I'm willing to bet that the prince didn't even set up the "business contact" she was supposed to entertain, but that the assistant engineered the whole thing-- even getting her the necklace in order to fund the terrorists.

7. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    That's how I saw it.

8. Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
  9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    The business contact didn't really exist! The prince knew nothing about any of the plan to kill the asset. He was really stunned and upset that she had been killed. He gave her the necklace because he really loved her. The assistant acted without the prince's knowledge.
    There is no evidence the necklace is funding terrorism, only the cash payment for a home sale.

10. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    The only thing I am not understanding is how he is not in counseling for the ordeal he has gone through? Would the military really just let him come home and go about his life like nothing has happened without providing some counseling services for him? They want him to be their poster boy but do nothing to make sure he is mentally stable to handle the duty?

11. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    I am going to truly miss the asset and her assets.

12. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, she's the coma queen on General Hospital too. However, I doubt her assets will be on display there. :p

13. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    That bedroom scene was meta. By that I mean, based on prior posts here concerning this show and how many people seemed to only care about Morena Baccarin, I'm thinking that a lot of people re-enacted that, possibly shortly after saying, "I'll be in my bunk."

I really thought the necklace was bugged; the funding twist was a pleasant surprise.

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I also expected the necklace to be bugged, but I did not connect the necklace with the cash payment on the home by the airport.

15. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Keeping in line with a conversion to Islam, he may consider her unclean? Granted, he did sleep with her in the pilot.

16. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I didn't think of that before. That is a good possibility! I love how everything in the plot can have different interpretations, both mundane and sinister.
    The first time he had sex with his wife was before returned to doing his daily prayers.

17. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I may be stretching things, but I seem to remember a provision in Islam that permits breaking of some rules like drinking alcohol or eating pork in places where Muslims are being persecuted and they needed to 'blend in'.

So if you assume that he wants to hide the fact that he intends to commit an act of terrorism (terrorists being 'persecuted'), and not simply that he's not yet ready to reveal something as personal as a conversion to Islam that merely provided him comfort during his captivity, that might explain why he eventually refrained from 'breaking the law': because merely practicing Islam doesn't count as persecution.

18. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Perhaps I'm misreading your post, but there is no way they went thru all that (necklace, shooting, fencing, buying) just to get the money for a house. While there is no evidence, they are clearly foreshadowing. That house was bought with cash. They clearly do not want a money trail that can be followed. Why? Because they are prepping us for a terrorist act, probably shooting down planes, based out of that house.

And that would be funding terrorism.

19. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Great idea. :up:

20. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I don't think there is any doubt the necklace was used to fund the payment on the house. He gets $400K cash for the necklace and a few beats later you have a young creepy couple paying cash for their first home. Solid connection in my book.

That being said, it will probably end up unrelated. :D