Homeland "Representative Brody" 12/4/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2011 #1 of 31
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Two days later and no thread? Everyone must be letting it just sink in.

Amazing just an amazing hour of television. Probably my favorite episode of the season and probably Danes emmy episode.

From the interview with the Saudi diplomat to the anxiety she was feeling and conveyed waiting for Brody at her apartment and then the utter disappointment when he left to the scene waiting for Walker by the fountain. Then for good measure up in the hospital bed and the anguish on her face. Just an incredible put together episode of television.

I think they are also setting up next season as well, can't really wrap up an election in two episodes must be part of the storyline for next season.

2. Dec 6, 2011 #2 of 31
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    The scene with Saul, Carrie, and the diplomat was amazing. Magnificent performances by all three actors. :up:

Heck, this show is almost so good I hardly know what to say about it.

3. Dec 6, 2011 #3 of 31
    brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Great, great episode, acting and, yes, a great series!

So, anyone's guess as to what's next? Does anyone think the VP is "in" on the whole thing?

Who else is the 'inside' person? Within government? Within the CIA? FBI?

And, it's got to catch up with Carrie, either this season or next....the secrets that she's keeping about Brody and her sleeping together, communicating periodically, etc. Wonder how that will happen?

Is Mike involved in any other way, except as the 'ex-boyfriend" and "ex" friend of Brody's?

Lots of reasons to be paranoid of everyone in this series!

It's the only show this season that has me saying "it's over, already?", at the end and wanting the next week's episode to be NOW!

4. Dec 6, 2011 #4 of 31
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    The previews sure make it seem that the last two episodes won't be slowing down that it for sure. :) Lots of hints on what the plan is but surely some of those "clips" are red herrings.

Can't wait..

5. Dec 6, 2011 #5 of 31
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    In the previews,

Somebody's making a suicide bomb with ball bearings. They don't directly show that it's Sgt. Brody. I suspect the cuts from shots of him are a red herring.

How about Saul almost stepping in at the interrogation and then beaming with pride as Carrie hits it out of the park?

The diplomat not had direct knowledge that Sgt. Brody is dirty and under orders from Nazir, he gave him his orders. I guess Carrie just didn't ask enough of the right of the right questions!

So who's the AQ mole in the CIA? How about Carrie's bugger friend? The Moslem partner is too obvious. I say Saul is too obvious, too. Could be somebody on the V.P.'s staff.

6. Dec 6, 2011 #6 of 31
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    "yummy yummy yummy"

7. Dec 6, 2011 #7 of 31
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    OK I got to seriously ask a diplomat for a very wealthy country like Saudi Arabia only makes like $175k a year? I would have guessed anywhere from $500k-$1mil.

8. Dec 6, 2011 #8 of 31
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    There was a great shoutout to one of the best movies of all time - The Conversation. The scene in the square, especially the guy playing bongos, was shot almost identical to the crucial scene in The Conversation - which was filmed in Union Square, San Francisco. Even Mandy Patinkin watching with binoculars was similar to the spy-type guy watching from a high building near the square.

This trailer shows parts of the scene I'm talking about. Notice (even in 1974) you had guys with earpieces to communicate. Also, it's not a briefcase but there's a guy carrying a similar shaped bag. You don't hear the bongos in this clip but they're an important element of the scene.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oc44L2RuWI[/media]

9. Dec 6, 2011 #9 of 31
    tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    It isn't the salary, it's the perks, like free housing and transportation, the Saudi government is almost certainly picking up the daughter's expenses at Yale. Of the 150K he probably "takes home" almost all of it.

Good catch Bob Coxner -- That whole scene had the feel of "The Conversation" to me as well. And to anyone reading this -- go see that movie! There are several interesting things about the making of that movie, but they don't belong in this forum.

Does anyone know where they shot that scene (and the show in general)? There isn't a fountain in Farragut Square!

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Vancouver. :D

(I don't really know.)

11. Tweety_pbe98

Tweety_pbe98 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    I believe it was Marshall Park in Charlotte, NC:

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    I rarely get caught up in how great the acting is in a show, but Claire Danes was off the charts brilliant in this episode. The whole "date" with Brody was spectacular. :standing ovation:

13. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    Agreed. Outstanding performance.

I liked when Saul said something like, "You work for us now. Welcome to the CIA."

14. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    His employment lasted all of 24 hours. :)

15. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    The Dept. of State guy voiced my main beef with this whole series: "The CIA's not even supposed to be operating on American soil."

Maybe they were just hanging a lantern on it.

When al Zahrani hung the heart in the window, I half expected Steven Williams to show up at the park. :p

However, I must say that Brody handily grin-f*cked the VP. Well played, sir.

16. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The implication being that Tom Walker snuck by every day to look for the sign. Not likely,

Somehow I don't think the VP stops by unannounced, even if we did see the same scene with the secret service scoping out Danny's place for CJ on the West Wing.

How did they even know Sgt. Brody was home? What if his family had been there.

Also, The Saudi's "The Vice-President will ask you to run..." is another clue that somebody on his staff is the mole.

17. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    Does anyone here think that Saul could be the mole, based on the lie dectector scenes and who his wife is or is that just too obvious?

18. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Saul's wife is Indian. Not Muslim Indian as far as we know.

For one, If Saul was the mole he could have just gone through the motions with interrogating Aileen, instead of getting real, very useful intel from her.

19. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Good call Tweety, that is exactly it (right down to the adjacent parking lot -- something also missing at Farragut Sq). Does that mean the entire show is shot in the Charlotte area?

But there could be a person whose instructions are "drive by the house every day, and if you see the art in the window send an e-mail to ""Tom_Walker_Assassin@AlQueda.com", this AQ cell does seem to have a lot of "coverage"

But would someone on the VP's staff know that they had "made" Faisal and Aileen?

20. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    I agree with you, but notice that Saul almost insisted that he did that interview and the drive with Aileen. He was also in a great position to pass the razor blade to the prisoner who killed himself.
    Maybe I'm just seeing things different from everyone else.