'Homeland' - Pilot - Leaked

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Just a FYI,

The pilot episode of the Showtime program 'Homeland' is on usenet and most likely torrents also. It's a HD capture.

'Homeland' is going to start airing on 10-02-11 on Showtime.

A taut psychological thriller about a volatile CIA officer (Emmy winner Claire Danes) who becomes convinced that a recently rescued American POW may be connected to an al Qaeda plot to be carried out on U.S. soil.

Psychological thriller starring Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin.

2. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    Where, specifically, did you find it? What website?

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    It was indexed from usenet on Nzbmatrix.com, that's where I found it.

4. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    Cool. Thank You.

5. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    The show looks deadly dull.

6. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    It was actually pretty good. Better than I thought it was gonna be...

7. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I wouldn't call it a leak, since the Showtime website has the 'full' version here.

I put 'full' in quotes because an edited message appears at the start. The preview runs over 55 minutes, but apparently since this isn't actually pay cable, they've blurred some bodies in a few scenes.

More reviews and access to the episode can be found on Hitfix and (with spoilers) on Think Progress.

8. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    Wow! Thank You...MUCH better quality!

9. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I enjoyed it. Claire Dane's character is just broken enough to make things interesting for the story. Looking forward to the series airing.

10. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I am pretty sure I saw it was available on Crackle and Showtime.com using my Google TV so if leak is the correct word, I believe it is an official leak. I didn't actually select the program to watch it, I watched something else, but I can confirm if it is available on both services later on. I guess that is sort of like an official bootleg, although I don't know if every site streaming the program was authorized to do so.

11. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Crackle offers this although it is edited. I watched the first 12 minutes and the leader of the recent "V" apparently is partially naked but the nudity is blurred out on Crackle. I couldn't get it to play at Sho.com to see if the episode is edited in the same manner.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    A little too damaged to believe that she would make it a month in the CIA in a show that takes itself this seriously, however. I mean, what are the odds she could last a DECADE without the CIA discovering she's on anti-psychotics?!?

Strains, but does not entirely shatter, credulity.

13. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I haven't even finished the first episode yet but IMDb indicates Claire is in 3 of the first 4 episodes so it isn't clear to me yet that her character will be central to the series. I like Claire a lot and the cast to this show looks good to me but unfortunately, I don't get Showtime and the first episode may be the only one I see for a long time.

14. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    Whoops.....sounds like a spoiler!

She probably gets killed.

15. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Speculation is not a spoiler.

16. JoeTiVo

JoeTiVo New DirecTivo, when?

Jun 25, 2001
    Pewaukee, WI
    It's airing on the Audience channel (101) on DirecTV tonight.

17. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I'll watch just to see Morena Baccarin naked.

18. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    I found stills of the scene in 5 seconds with a Google search. No way I'm sitting through this show....I pay for Showtime because of Dexter. This crap looks BOR-RING!

19. JoeTiVo

JoeTiVo New DirecTivo, when?

Jun 25, 2001
    Pewaukee, WI
    I thought the pilot was VERY promising. We enjoyed it. The wife and I are very excited to watch the series on Showtime (which we already have).

Too bad the Audience network saw the need to 'blur' certainly aspects of the broadcast. Guess I'll be re-watching the pilot on Showtime next month. :)

20. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    She's damned pretty with her clothes on, too.

Not knowing the cast I was thrown when I realized at was Morena, and I recognized Mandy Patinkin's voice before I was sure it was him.

In the extras Damian Lewis says, "I'll be talking in this phony British accent." :D