Homechoice Setup Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by funkymunky, Jul 27, 2006.

1. funkymunky

funkymunky New Member

Jul 27, 2006

Advertisements

Hi everybody, I've searched the forums to see if anybody else has been having similar problems but I've yet to find anything, so here goes:

I recently bought a 40Gb unmodified TIVO with lifetime subscription.

Basically I'm trying to get the TIVO box to recognise the homechoice box. The HC box is connected via scart to the aux port on the tivo. When configuring the source, I've tried various combinations of aerial & digital terrestial/aerial & dig satellite/aerial only - I enter my postcode (E3) and it connects and downloads fine. However when it asks me to choose the service, there's no mention of Homechoice whatever source I've told it to look for.

I called tivo customer services and they advised me to input other local postcodes (e1 and e10) but I've tried this and homechoice still doesn't come up - and homechoice is definitely available in these areas.

I'm sorry if my description is a bit long-winded but I'm hoping that somebody more experienced with TIVO & homechoice will be able to help me. Am I not doing something glaringly obvious? How have other Homechoice users got stuff connected? :confused:

Many Thanks

Oh by the way - if the Homechoice box can be connected to the aux scart, is it possible to also connect my Pioneer Freeview STB by the RF input as well?

2. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    For now try EC1A - E3 should work from Saturday.

You can not (easily) have HomeChoice and Freeview active together on a single TiVo.

3. funkymunky

funkymunky New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Thanks for your help - I'll try that!
    Any particular tips or do's/donts for getting both of them to work together?

4. Logan

Logan New Member

Mar 19, 2004
    Not possible with Homechoice via the Scart & Freeview via RF.

The only way I have seen is to lie to the Tivo & use the digital satellite and digital terrestial dual setup, but this uses Homechoice via RF (meaning the Tivo will preferentially record off the Scart Freeview rather than the RF Homechoice).
    You use digital satellite for Freeview and digital terrestial for Homechoice.
    Then you have to have the Freeview box setup as digital satellite - sky - through the Scart , this also means that you have to have a Freeview box that allows you to change the channel numbers to match the sky numbers.

The Homechoice then can be connected via the RF.
    Homechoice installers have these scart to RF leads for the Homechoice STB.