Home Economics (ABC sitcom) Season Thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Apr 8, 2021 at 12:45 AM.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

Advertisements

Home Economics, a new sitcom from ABC, premiered tonight, April 7, 2021. From wiki:

Inspired by the life of co-creator Michael Colton, Home Economics takes a look at the heartwarming yet super-uncomfortable and sometimes frustrating relationship among three adult siblings: one in the 1 percent, one middle-class and one barely holding on.

I thought it was okay. Sitcoms take time, and this one didn't suck out of the gate. I'll give it a couple more. Topher Grace is the biggest name.

Home Economics (TV series) - Wikipedia

SoBelle0 likes this.
  2. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    We watched last night and LOLed enough times that we are sticking with it.

3. lambertman

lambertman With an "L"

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    I went in with super low expectations but ended up liking it a lot more than what currently passes as "American Housewife". It had some clever writing.

Denise and Marina are going to be two lynchpin characters for keeping the sibs from spinning out of control and taking the show with them.

4. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    I missed recording the first episode but caught it on Hulu. I liked it; season pass set. Hopefully it lasts more than a season, but this may be the latest in a long line of ABC 1/2-hour comedies I like that didn't go the long haul.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

The first ep seemed really "PC". Mr. Mayor is another new show that in some ways seems PC, but shows the mayor joking about it or being exasperated by it.