Holmes Inspection on HGTV: Season Pass doesn't record any episodes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by skaggs, May 11, 2011.

1. skaggs

skaggs AlbanyHDTV

Feb 13, 2003
    Albany, NY
    I set a Season Pass to record first run episodes of the new series Holmes Inspection that airs on HGTV Sunday nights at 9PM EST.

The Season Pass has never recorded a program nor does the TO DO list indicate it will record any future programs. The Season Pass manager lists it at the top of the list, so there are no conflicts with other scheduled recordings.

Anyone else have this issue or know a way to resolve it?

2. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    you could try taking it off of first run. Those episodes run a lot. Very interesting show. addictive really. Are they still making new episodes?

3. anotherlab

anotherlab New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I think the show is still in production, but there haven't been any new episodes played since March.

4. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    This show aired in Canada in 2009. While they are new to the US, TMS doesn't make that distinction so First Run Only won't pick up any of the episodes.

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Exactly. The episodes are all showing 2009 and 2010 air dates.

You'll need to turn off 'First Run Only'. Unfortunatly, since they repeat so often you'll start seeing the episodes you've already watched pop up after about a month. (Next time it airs after the 28 day 'Duplicate' window expires. Well, unless you leave them undeleted. Then TiVo should re-record them after post 28 days)

6. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    As a rule of thumb, for international shows this method should be used. We've seen the same problem for Merlin (UK) and those across the pond have reported the same issue with US shows airing there.

7. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Anyone watching this show worry about if you've been ripped off buying a house? I know I was when I bought my current house in 2007. I'm trying to find a brick mason that will come out and replace all of the split brick and broken joints from the shoddy job done that lasted longer than the new home warranty.

8. ClubrhythmEnt

ClubrhythmEnt New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, Holmes Inspection is still in production. It replaced the long running "Holmes on Homes" after it's 7th season.

9. rage777

rage777 Member

Aug 19, 2006
    I love this show, especially that girl that's not Mike Holmes' daughter.

10. hhickman

hhickman New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    It's a great show.

11. bonoriffic

bonoriffic New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    I also had this issue. I starting looking into it one day and the best guess I had was all new shows are marked as re-runs for some reason by HGTV. Perhaps because they aren't really new, having aired in Canada earlier. That was my best guess after 5 minutes of investigation, then I forgot about and haven't looked into it since. The usually record as a suggestion so I didn't bother to fix this.

12. ClubrhythmEnt

ClubrhythmEnt New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Sacramento, CA

I miss Corin "Pinky" Ames from Holmes on Homes. She always wore pink and was usually cracking jokes (at her male counterparts' expense.) She left the show in 2006...Nichole Faucher seems to be her replacement in the Holmes Inspection series and she has a pretty good sense of humor too.