Hoarding: Buried Alive (Hayley) 8/8/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by YCantAngieRead, Aug 29, 2011.

1. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Forgive me, I don't have the official title for this one as it had the wrong guide data on my TiVo.

Anyone else catch this one-about the 16 year old who lost her brother?

I watch these shows a lot, but this one was really, really tough to watch. In fact, I found myself tearing up during most of it. I was really moved by it.

That girl was in so much pain. And having been a kid with depression and mental illness, I understand her shutting out those who love her.

I hope she has found some kind of peace.

2. CritterSafeHaven

CritterSafeHaven New Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I too hope Hayley gets and keeps her life turned around but as one who has had more losses due to death than most people - other than those from third world countries ravaged by decades of war, I can tell you that she has classic signs of being babied far too long and that has nothing to do with her being or not being in therapy. Her immaturity even at 16 shouts volumes. Did anyone notice upon returning home after the driving away from home in a tantrum, in the car, in the rain -- and when the dad told hre to give the keys and mom jumps in and says NO, that she wants to "talk" to Hayley? Which she did of course and sweet darlin' Hayley likely did not have to forfeit the car keys, nor pay any consequences for that outburst. Had she been in the household I grew up in, in the 50's and 60's, she would STILL be grounded for that show of disrespect! And it was obvious by the way she sassed her mother and spoke so hatefully to and about the prof'l organizer, she'd been allowed to act horribly for a very long time. As Dr Phil has stated, spoiling a child and not requiring anything of them is the ultimate form of child abuse.

It is a good thing if she has truly seen the errors of her ways and now is actively working to keep improving, but I predict regular lapses back into the babyish behaviors, especially by the over doting mother [who needs help with her addiction to cigarettes by the way -- what a wreck!], whenever Life gets the least bit tough. I pray she never has to do EVERYTHING, all alone, as some of us have had to do from her age on up, because unless she really gets her act in gear, she won't make it without a constant safety net [i.e. enabler]. Hayley, honey, Life only gets tougher, so deal with that reality now and you'll be able to survive it long term; otherwise...

3. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    That's a little harsh on parents, who also lost a beloved child. Maybe they just didn't know how to handle things.

I see your point, though, for sure. Hayley should have been in therapy, if she wasn't.