HME Unbox Interface

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by davew723, Mar 8, 2007.

1. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006

Advertisements

Is anyone in the process of making an HME Unbox Interface. To view and purchase videos from your tivo, instead of the crappy unbox interface.

(I can't even find a secure web page to put in my credit card info via unbox. When I do one-click it prompts me for payment info on an unsecure page. Sorry, I know this is off topic I'm just shocked at amazon.)

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Actually I'd be surprised if TiVo wasn't working on something for this in house.

Dan

3. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Re: "It's out now"

I don't think you understood. I don't want to have to use amazon's web interface. Someone(Tivo/Amazon/Other) could write a HME application to view Unbox movies and then purchase them from their Tivo. Streamline the whole process.

4. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...

Advertisements

I absolutely agree. They need an on-TiVo (and by extension on TV) interface for ordering. I don't care if they set it up with PIN codes or other reasonable security measures, as long as I don't have to enter my credit info onscreen everytime, but it should offer both some form of browsing and of searching. Bonus points for setting up 'season passes' for episodic material.

5. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Looks like dswallow put together a pretty nice HME interface for Unbox. Check out the details at the following link...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=345824

6. qcpw256

qcpw256 Budweiser#8

Jun 17, 2005
    Carol...