HME Stream support for video?

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by davew723, Feb 21, 2007.

1. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006

Advertisements

In the HME dev guide is discusses streaming images (jpeg(jpg), png, gif) and audio (mpeg3). Is there any chance I could stream video (mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, wmv, or h.264) via HME? I have a really good application in mind if this is possible? I would prefer to see mpeg4, wmv, or h.264. Although I expect wmv would be the least likely.

2. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    While not precisely what you (probably) want to achieve, this thread about Playing Any Video on your TiVo is currently rocking the house. On Demand transcoding of videos as they 'Come Back' tot he TiVo's NPL.

Perhaps you could pipe in there, and offer further insights/ideas/suggestions/collaboration? :)

One of these days, I'll give it a shot too ... haven't been following the thread, but it IS a high priority :)

3. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Thats interesting, I will do a little more investigating into it.

Although I don't think this will work for me. Since its using the GoBack support this means the stream will be recorded to the HD. That would violate the copyright of the content I'm using. This would be similar to the mpeg3 playback, except for video. The content can be streamed but not recorded.

4. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006