HME application for MP3 Playlists?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jhimmel, Mar 12, 2007.

1. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002

Advertisements

I find that the S3 capability for playing music is fine, but lacks playlist capability.
    Is there a HME app for the S3 that adds Playlists? The only one I found (Web-a-Tune for TiVo) uses a Web account and, although free, I'd rather avoid that.

Jim H.

2. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    I thought there was a way to add .pls format playlists (I know WinAmp can save those) into your TiVo Desktop.

Haven't done this in ages though - but I'm positive I've had it working.

Search the forums for TiVo Home Media Options for more specific keywords like Playlist file extensions (pls, ... - what other formats exist, folks?)

3. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    I've read that .M3U playlists are recognized, but I have been unable to find a way to convert the .WPL playlists that WMP11 produces into a .M3U

Jim H.

4. MonitorMan

MonitorMan New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Indio CA
    If you have a PC running windows then I suggest you have a look at Galleon . Search for Galleon TV. Specifically the Playlists and Itunes apps.

5. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD

Advertisements

JHimmel - simple solution - don't use crud like Windows Media Player for anything :)

And MonitorMan is right - I don't know how I forgot about Galleon!

6. TiVolunteer

TiVolunteer lotta lurk rare post

Jul 10, 2001
    Cary, NC

From within Windows Media Player

FILE -> SAVE NOW PLAYING AS ->SAVE AS TYPE (pulldown) -> Select .M3U

Works fine for me but I use Galleon as well.

7. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Normally I don't. It's a bit of a long story. I use MusicMatch and my titles are purchased and are DRM protected WMA files. Tivo can't do anything with those, so I use TuneBite to convert them to MP3's with no DRM (works great). I don't want to add all those new MP3's to my MusicMatch library just to create playlists (since they are dupes of all of my original files), so I used WMP with those files JUST to create playlists and for no other reason.

TiVolunteer's solution worked perfectly - problem solved. I now have playlists available in my TiVo.

Thanks for the help!

P.S. - It would be GREAT if TiVo allowed me to hit Thumbs Up on music files and then add to (or create) playlists directly from the TiVo remote.

Jim H.

8. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
  9. ewilts

ewilts Who, me?

Feb 26, 2002
    Mounds View, MN
    It's also commercial - what's currently available for download is a pre-release trial.

Galleon (http://galleon.tv) is free.

.../Ed

10. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    It's been a (fully functional) "pre-release trial" for over a year. :p

(And if we're gonna nitpick... Galleon's no longer "officially supported.")

Both are good, though.

11. gwar9999

gwar9999 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    If I'm going to nitpick about anything, it's the lack of a Linux version.
    I see that there are Mac and Windows versions... where's the Linux version of AudioFaucet? Seems like an interesting project but it's of little use to me w/o a linux version.

12. JPShinn

JPShinn New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Any thought of the S3 being enable to play other file formats such as .wav files?

Thx.
    John

13. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    There are ways to achieve this with dynamic transcoding inside of WinAmp using extensions or some apps (like, I think, J River Media center and even Audio Faucet)

14. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago