HME and Photo 2.0 issues - need guidance please

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Interactive, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Interactive

Interactive New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    I've been struggling trying to get Photos 2.0 working. It didn't work with Desktop 2.4x and it isn't working with recently installed 2.5 either. I've seen some of the steps for troubleshooting (uninstall Tivo Desktop, uninstall Java, reinstall both, etc) and I still can't make it work. I decided to install Audio Faucet and that's not working either. I have a series 2 and a series 3 and neither of these apps are showing up on either of my units (yes, I know the Photos 2.0 app isn't intended for S2 boxes, but I've heard elsewhere that it shows up on S2 boxes anyway).

This leads me to believe that something with my Tivo Server PC or my network is messed up.

Regular photos, music, Yahoo photos, Yahoo weather all work fine.

Can anyone guide me to a few more troubleshooting steps here?

2. stevereis

stevereis New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    DFW
    What network adapter are you using for the TiVo(s)?

I had the same issue when using a Buffalo wireless converter (bridge).
    Here is a link t that thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5057079&&#post5057079

I ended up getting a new Buffalo router that was recommended and hacking it to get bridge capability. However, a recent thread revived the question and another member found that the Buiffalo converter can be hacked with dd-wrt as well. See this thread for info on that: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5399748&&#post5399748

3. Interactive

Interactive New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    One the S2, I don't remember the exact model but it's the USB wired LAN unit from Linksys that was originally recommended WAY BACK WHEN Tivo didn't carry their own branded model.

On the S3, I'm using the built in wired Ethernet port.

Both of these run into a D-Link WBR-2310 router. Every other aspect of my network is fine, so far as I can tell.