Hitachi TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bkbldr1, Jul 22, 2007.

1. bkbldr1

bkbldr1 Seasoned Vet

May 20, 2002
    So, A guy gave me a 43" Hitachi RPTV. I changed out the convergence chips and it works fine. My issue is that the factory remote has individual buttons to move through the inputs ( 1 through 5) and has a single button to move between A and B (antenna inputs (75 ohm coax). I tried every Hitachi code for my TiVo remote and the only ones that worked would only switch the ant inputs and I would like the TiVo remote to switch the inputs (1 through 5). Has anyone been able to get this result with a TiVo remote? :rolleyes:
    I don't want to switch my TiVo input to coax for the (albeit nominal) quality loss.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Time for a learning universal remote.

3. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Tivo remotes are severely limited when it comes to learning anything but power and volume and perhaps one or two other functions for your TV. My peanut remotes went straight to my remote junk box as soon as I took them out of the box. I only pull them out to change the remote codes for a Tivo. As a standalone remote for a Tivo they're fine but are pretty much useless in a home theater setup with multiple components that require individual control. A programmable learning remote with lots of memory is an absolute must for me.

4. bkbldr1

bkbldr1 Seasoned Vet

May 20, 2002
    That's kinda what I figured, Thanks guys.