Hit a GSOD during first boot...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dcrowell77, Apr 8, 2017.

1. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007

Advertisements

Should I be concerned? I just got a new Bolt and plugged it in today. It started with the usual boot screen and then hit GSOD for about 15 minutes before it started rebooting again. It did eventually come up though. Should I be worried?

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    That's not exactly true. After 90 days the parts plus labor warranty is up. There is a full warranty on parts after that up to 1 year but you have to pay labor and shipping (usually $49).

But I would agree to go ahead and do it within the first 90 days as certainly not normal.

TiVo® DVR Limited Warranty

For ninety (90) days from the purchase date, the TiVo DVR will be replaced with a repaired, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed appropriate by TiVo) if the DVR becomes defective or inoperative. This exchange is done without charge to you for parts and labor (except applicable taxes, if any). For exchanges permitted during this initial ninety (90)-day period, you will be responsible for the payment of all shipping costs.

From ninety-one (91) days to one (1) year after the purchase date, the DVR will be replaced with a repaired, renewed, or comparable product (whichever is deemed appropriate by TiVo) if the DVR becomes defective or inoperative. During this period, however, you will be responsible for the payment of all labor and shipping costs.

Scott

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Personally, I not infrequently see issues with an electronics setup, and if they can be gotten over, all can be just fine. If it were me, I might be inclined to call TiVo, put the issue on the record and in my account should it be needed later, and ask the TiVo rep. what is recommended. I probably would be content to keep the box given the return hassles and just especially keep my eye on the box and the 90-day replacement period.

5. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...

Advertisements

Yes, but I still felt a draft...