History of Comedy

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sinanju, Mar 11, 2017.

1. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005

Advertisements

The schedule for CNN's History of Comedy is a complete clusterfark. Correlate any recordings with an accurate schedule on Zap2It.

2. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    CNN (and probably any other 24 hour news network) is a terrible outlet for a show as we've seen with Anthony Bourdain's show. Not sure there is much we can do about it other than record all eps because the network just shows whatever it wants even if it is a rebroadcast of the same mundane stuff they've been showing all day.

3. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    And yet, as I mentioned, Gracenote/Tribune has it right.

4. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Hmm ya got me there. I know the show is supposed to be on 10pm Thursdays yet last week and I think the week before missed and/or was the wrong episode. Last night at 3AM EDT it was supposed to air according to Rovi but did not. Zap2It said that AC 360 was on and that is what recorded. So both things are happening. The guide data can be wrong and the show simply isn't airing when it should.

5. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005

Advertisements

Yeah... I'm in the same boat, trying to chase down an episode that was either moved due to breaking news or bad guide data. I'm trying to find the episodes airing at times/dates where TiVo and Gracenote agree and crossing my fingers

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's been a bit frustrating. But, speaking of Screener, the episode on 3/18 at 1am and 9pm is S1 E8. with an OAD of 4/13. Something amiss there. Perhaps it will get fixed. Anyhow, I just changed my 1P to All. I'll delete when needed.

7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Agree about the level of frustration. I've tried once again to record E04 and it's another 'Breaking News' piece about stuff that, well, isn't breaking news. *sigh* I need to quit these CNN series but when they actually air them, I enjoy them. I liked the decades series (60s,70s,etc) that they did and had some problems during some of that, so I guess nothing's changed.

I get that it's a news channel and all of that makes sense to me. But it seems like every time there has been a 'breaking news' thing preempting programming it's just more re-hashing. That is why it frustrates me.

8. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Well, my fourth or fifth try for E04 and it was the wrong one. *sigh* At least if it's not going to be a breaking news issue they could get the right episodes in the guide. I think the last one that was supposed to be E04 that I recorded was actually another re-airing of E01.

9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    3/18 will be the next chance. 1am, 9pm and 10pm. Maybe. :(

10. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I have that first one scheduled, at this point. Maybe I should schedule all of them and see what happens. One out of three? Maybe one of them w/b right. :D

The next new episode is on Thurs, 3/16. Any bets as to whether or not it will actually air?

11. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Tonight's "Ripped From The Headlines" episode isn't running at 10pm. Trying again for 1am.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though if you change your OPs to all channels, some of their shows sometimes air on the headline news channel.. and if you change it to new & reruns, they DO eventually rerun incessantly.

it being a news channel, I do give them a bit more latitude, even for non "breaking" news. (I miss MANY episodes of Jeopardy a year, with NO WAY to see them, because !@$# KGO just preempts it at will, or lately they even DO schedule it sometime, but don't air it anywhere near the time they scheduled... I wish they'd just put the !@$# episodes online.. I would even _keep up to date_ with Jeopardy if that were the case.)

13. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    They aired the same useless thing at 1am that they did at 10pm. I just checked my STB and they do release on demand so I think I'll just wait until the entire series is up and watch it that way. They (Spectrum) only has episodes 1-3 up now.

14. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oy. It's not even like this 'breaking news' is anywhere near breaking. It's been re-hashed for days.

I see another one Sat at 7pm Pacific time and then again on the following Sat, for E04. I'm still trying to get an airing of E03!

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Same here. I need to check my Roku channels.

16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I added CNN Go to my Roku 3. Not a very user friendly app. I did find the series, but it only has the first 3 episodes. So I guess that proves they haven't aired episode 4 yet. Last night was repeats of news again.

17. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I have Roku3. Should check this one out. Thanks! At least I could get E03 for now. I had scheduled every 'airing' of E03 and E04, but every single one of them was either another show entirely (one was Anthony Bourdain's show) or a preempt 'breaking news' piece. Ran out of choices for now. Any bets on E05? :D

18. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Right? I was thinking the same thing too. The network is really unfair to its original series, if that is what you can call all of them. They did a great job of promoting the show as they have all the other shows but fall short when it comes to actually airing them on some sort of dependable schedule. I wish they'd just hand them off to some other network. Turner has a few to spare, and the list of shows is starting to add up: CNN TV shows - CNN.com

19. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Nothing new about this; quite a few episodes of The Eighties were postponed - at least one was moved twice - because of "breaking news." Some (the deaths of Prince and Antonin Scalia) were more breaking than others (I think one episode was postponed because Trump "might" hold a rally at some time during that hour).

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    All on-line sources except tv.com indicate the program is gone. That and my TiVo.