History Detectives

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bicker, Aug 4, 2007.

1. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Strange scheduling this year. They have broadcast six episodes in a row, but from here it seems that they're going to be a bit inconsistent:

Two weeks of reruns
    Three weeks of new episodes
    One week either rerun or preempted
    Then either one or two weeks to finish

(I seem to recall there being eleven episodes this season.)

http://www.opb.org/programs/program.php?id=17085

Can anyone provide corroboration for this?

2. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Very Special Member

Dec 11, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I donno, but I love that show!

3. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
  4. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    (Resurrecting this thread from 2007.)

Okay, so now again, this year, they're messing around with things. Already, last week (8/11), History Detectives was pre-empted here in the Boston area, because the three segments were all "encore" segments. Now, next week (8/18), the episode (John Adams Book; ...) is not on the HD channel (a John Denver concert put in its place), but only on the (SD) sub-channels. Then the week after (8/25), nothing. "Viewers' Favorites" in its place. Huh? And the week after is Labor Day, so we can expect pre-emption again, right?

There are supposedly two episodes left (Shipwreck Cannons; ... and Blueprint Special; ...) Any idea when they'll be broadcast. Any idea whether any of these last three episodes are carried by the national HD feed?

5. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    Bicker: thank you... i'd never heard of this show until you started this thread. I'm recording the episode to check it out.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Also, one of my local PBS stations seems to be rerunning the show from the beginning.. or at least I remember seeing more than 1 episode from the first season in the guide data.

(Darn, there aren't seasons of this on DVD, at least not from netflix.. Even though we have several PBS stations, I have missed a lot of these episodes... esp since they're something I will nuke quickly to make more space.)