History Channel and Forged in Fire

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by KDeFlane, Apr 17, 2018.

1. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

(San Francisco / south Bay Area; Comcast)
    In my region and/or on my box, the guide for the History channel is not matching what is on air, shifted by three hours, as if the Pacific feed is being aired but the Eastern time zone guide is in place.

For example, "Modern Marvels" which I was watching from 7-8am is in the guide as 4:AM, and "Secrets of the Founding Fathers" which just came on at 8:00 was listed in my guide at 5:00am. I'm disabling my primetime passes and setting up manual for tonight:
    New Forged in Fire tonight is supposed to be on at 9pm but my box wanted to record at 6pm.
    New "Knife or Death" series premiere should be at 10pm in my zone but my box wanted to record at 7pm with a reair at 11pm.

Next week's guide is similarly wrong, and i assume the rest of the week inbetween is wrong as well but I haven't checked.

[later that day, the guide self-corrected, next week is back to the correct timeslots]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    for tonight (May 28, Monday) no big deal, TiVo pass picked it up, but this is an extra episode. Alert only needed if you would have conflicts on a special night (and i'm sorry I forgot to point this out earlier)

3. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    September 2018 (bumping old thread for new problem)

Forged in Fire is MOVING to Wednesdays, so don't expect anything on 9/11. However, the Wednesday entry for the 12th has wonky guide data -- the description is a partial sentence from a boxing match! In case this isn't fixed before then, prepare for a manual recording (and a likely change to the series ID and need for a new Pass going forward).

4. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Sadly, I was right. Both this Wednesday (9/11) AND next (9/18) have different whatevers (I assume series ID) and each one requires a new pass to pick up a recording.