HIMYM - Season Finale - 5-16-11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by PrincessEspana, May 16, 2011.

1. PrincessEspana

PrincessEspana New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Northern CT
    So according to this article at TVGuide.com, executive producer Craig Thomas says that we need to watch the last two minutes of the season finale. I am excited to see what happens. I definitely don't want to be disappointed, but on the other hand, the suspense for season 8 will kill me all summer. What do you guys think??

http://http://www.tvguide.com/News/HIMYM-Finale-Craig-Thomas-1033120.aspx?rss=breakingnews

2. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
  3. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I hate cliffhangers. I really do. Stop with the clever "OMG what's going to happen???" crap and just trust that your fans will be there for you.

4. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
  5. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Remember to pad your DVR end time so it doesn't cut off too soon!

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I love this bit from the article:

I love that the writers are diligently plotting out the episodes and arcs. How many other sitcoms have stories that intricate that the writers keep working during hiatus to plan out next season's plot?

7. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I guess I'll be finding this "online". Our CBS affiliate crapped out.

8. PrincessEspana

PrincessEspana New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Northern CT
    With the East Coast feed just ending, it definitely wasn't a cliffhanger. I felt it was almost predictable. At least it sets some things up for next season. Overall - meh!

9. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Did anyone else notice that the place where Lily bought the soup was the same set/room layout as the Soup Nazi's place from Seinfeld?

10. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    You sure? Didn't seem like it at all, guess SOMEWHAT but no way would I think of connecting the two

[​IMG]

11. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Oh no, I'm not sure. It was just the first thing I thought of. It kind of jumped out at me. Certainly could be overthinking it. :) Wouldn't be the first time.

12. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Wow, I hated the Psyche moment.
    That was cheap!

13. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Was it supposed to be a big revelation at the end? I believe we already knew that Ted was the best man at that wedding and that the wedding is where he met the mother, right? So we're supposed to be blown away by the new fact that it was Barney who was getting married?

14. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    LOL--I've only seen one or two scenes from this show but I kind of follow it in these news articles because I definitely find it intriguing that it's a sitcom w/ this big ass story arc... but even just from READING about the show, I guessed that Barney was the groom, just based on Ted being the best man. I even watched the last few minutes of the finale to see what the big revelation would be, and if I guessed it, I can only imagine the fans did also.

How do the show's fans like the idea of this wedding being pieced out over the next TWO seasons? Especially after six seasons of already wondering who the mother is, etc? I guess it's one of those "it's about the journey, not the destination" things. Still, when they basically tell you in advance that a story arc isn't gonna be resolved for another two years, that's kind of big.

This show would be perfect for me if I didn't hate sitcoms. I like the idea of these big mystery arcs, I just hate the sitcom format, no matter what it consists of. "Friends" is the only exception. Other than that, I've never watched any sitcoms...

15. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I thought it was pretty predictable who the groom was. The only surprise will be who is the bride. :)

Also, anyone else watch Bones? The Royal Diner that they go to was at the bottom of the Arcadian before they blew it up! Which is weird, because we've also seen the Royal Diner in several scenes outside of McLaren's and Ted's apartment. :) Or maybe Ted really lives in the Arcadian! ;)

16. RichardHead

RichardHead Musical Klutz

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    The building they 'blew up' also had the Royal Diner sign shown behind the fence so they may have use some Seinfeld sets.

17. RichardHead

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    See above!

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Is the Royal Diner from Seinfeld? I don't remember it on there.

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I loved it. It was a nice slap in the face to all the people who have been whining about how they don't tell us who the mother is.

The demolition of the Arcadia seemed weird. I would think that they would have removed all the windows before they blew it up, but instead they had broken glass flying everywhere. :)

20. RichardHead

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    I'd have to go back and watch a Seinfeld episode to be sure but it sure looks like the gangs place ... or the sign does.