HIMYM - Bass Player Wanted, OAD 12/16/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jeff92k7, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth

Advertisements

Hmm.. Nice to see Marshall with the mother. Didn't care much for the lead singer story though.

There was clearly some forced emotion with the whole "Robin doesn't want Lily to move to Rome because she'll lose her best friend."

I am curious how Ted decides not to move to Chicago now. If he meets the Mother on the train platform on Sunday night, and is scheduled to move to Chicago on Monday, I just don't see how he can change his mind that fast.

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    He told Robin he loved her the first night. Wouldn't be totally out of character for Ted.

I like when they reference past episodes (Marshall vs The Machines, Marshall & Lily saying, "Pause", etc).

3. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I enjoyed the devil guys storyline.

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I thought that was another of the side trips they take that just ruins things for me. I wasn't really amused by it at all. But to be fair, I've been pretty blah about this show for a couple of seasons now and am just riding it out for some reason. I guess I'm hoping for a feel good ending or something?

5. refried

refried Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Brunswick, ME

Advertisements

I found it more enjoyable than the last episode. Finally some screen time for the Mother.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Well, if Bays and Thomas weren't being so obtuse about the title of the show, we could see what happens later that night, and the next morning, and then next week, next month, etc. Instead, I suspect we're going to see Ted "meet" The Mother on the Farhampton train platform in the last 5 minutes of the finale, and that will be that.

Having said that, I liked this episode. Marshall's interaction with The Mother was great. The lead singer story was silly, but it was just a plot device to get the conflict between Lily/Robin and Ted/Barney out in the open, so that was good. And the best part about the episode is Marshall is now back and the rest of the season can be the whole gang together rather than that ridiculous joke of a story with Marshall and Sherri Shepherd.

7. Supfreak26

Supfreak26 Go Cowboys!

Dec 12, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    <Barney> Have you met Ted? <\Barney>

8. cheerdude

cheerdude Reed &amp;amp;amp; Juliet's CPA

Feb 27, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thought it was a very good episode -- probably one of the better ones this season.

My guess on the last episode... either during the reception or just as it ends, Ted gets a call -- offer has been rescinded. He wonders what he going to do with his life now... and then he meets her at the train station. "And that kids... is how I met your mother"

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think they will cop out and show one of those flash forward scenes which explains why he didn't go. Either he's talking to the mother in the future and he says something like "I'm glad I decided to go home with you instead of getting on plane to Chicago" or some such thing. There's been enough plot devices with this series that I'm sure they will explain it somehow, and I think before the finale.

10. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    You win.

11. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what other show the guy who played the lead singer was from. Eventually realized he was from The New Normal, he played one of the dads.

12. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    He was also Elder Price in the original Broadway cast of The Book of Mormon.

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    btw, we've admittedly seen very little of the mother so far, but her being so easily cowed by the guy in her band seemed to me to be out of character for her.

14. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to jive with, for instance, her insistence on calling Ted on his slow driving, or her advice to Lily on the train ride. But until we know her better, it's still possible. (Sadly, it seems that we're never going to know her better.)

15. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Loved how the mother was wearing driving gloves.

16. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I think I agree with half of that - I think Ted meeting the mother will be in the last 5 minutes.

But it sounds like you're saying that would mean we don't get to see them interact, and I don't agree with that. From the title, everything is building up to the meeting being the finale. But it's a non-linear show with flashbacks and flash forwards, and we've already seen Ted propose to her. So I think there's a possibility we could see more post-meeting interaction.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    We'll certainly see more post-meeting interaction as the season progresses. No question. But it will just be little snippets here and there rather than the chance to see how her courtship with Ted progresses, see how she interacts with the gang, see how Ted reacts when they hit their first rough patch, etc.

18. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Oh that's easy to predict though.
    He'll just up and move to Chicago.

19. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Doesn't it take him two years to propose to the mother though? (if I am correctly remembering the lighthouse scene timing)