High Stakes Poker 8/27

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MitchO, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    BEST ... START ... EVER.

How can people not be talking about the Hellmuth/Matusow hand? I don't want to spoil it because people NEED to see it happen.

2. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    It was a great hand. It is the only part of the show i have seen so far since I had to turn it off rught after that hand. But i thought it was a fantastic display of poker skill.

3. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Do you think Hellmuth would have thrown a fit if Mike called him ... or would he have simply said "good call" and let it go?

4. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    He would have thrown a fit. When does he not?

5. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    He throws fits when he perceives people make stupid plays against him, yet win.

Calling with KK wouldn't have been a stupid play, so he wouldn't have said anything.

-smak-

6. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Come on, smak. It's Phil. He would have complained that there is no way the Mouth should call a bet that big, because Phil could have had trip 6s.

7. scottjf8

scottjf8 That A-hole

Nov 11, 2001
    McKinney, TX
    We are at www.tcpokercommunity.com (it's a poker site that is for TCF members only)

Come join us!

ok now for the non-spam content of my post.

The 2-7 hand by Hellmuth was great, but only because Matusow is a total moron and folded.. there's no WAY i'm folding there.

The other guy who tried the 2-7 trick against quads was better... that shows you how to play like a moron. Those prop bets are stupid... why risk $100k to win $3500 in props?

8. JETarpon

Jan 1, 2003
    FYP, and it's because they are gamblers and it's fun, and it mixes the game up for TV.

9. scottjf8

scottjf8 That A-hole

Nov 11, 2001
    McKinney, TX

Yah, we wanted tcpoker but it's taken by some triple crown site...

Although there are one or two others that I think we might use one day...

10. JETarpon

Jan 1, 2003
    tcfpokercommunityforum.com is available. :D

11. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    Hellmuth is ahead there 80%+ of the time. Folding there is not horrible, IMO, given how Hellmuth plays, he only beats a bluff.

anything but a K or maybe AA and the guy folds. the worst part was the KK guy raising the turn given how strong the guy was betting into him. call turn / shove river.

i disagree on the 2-7 prop bet. it is awesome and drives a ton of action / indecision.