High School Musical 2

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Havana Brown, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I can't believe how much this is being hyped up. It was all over the news this morning. I tried to record the first HSM, but I think it doesn't come on for a few days, but HSM2 is coming on tonight on the Disney Channel.

Are your kids excited about this? Is it that good?

2. jennifer

jennifer Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2001
    My neighbor's daughter is six. She is having 8 little girls over to watch the movie and stay the night. My son's 12 year old girl friends are all having various parties to celebrate and watch the movie :D

3. waldingrl

waldingrl Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    It'a huge deal for the girls in the Pre-K (and the teachers, too.) :) We've been listening to both soundtracks for the last few weeks.

4. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    My daughter got invited to a sleepover (she's 11) where they are going to watch it. Fortunately (IMO, not hers, of course :p ) she's on vacation with my family at the beach this weekend, and we don't have a TV there much less cable. If I'd remembered it was going to be on today I'd have recorded it for her, but it's too late now (I'm leaving directly from work for the beach). Presumably they'll re-air it.

She loves HSM1 and got it on DVD. I find it weak and treacly, but not offensive.

5. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    You can always schedule it online. :)

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    My daughter is totally excited. We have it set to record and will likely watch it sometime this weekend since the airing tonight is after her bedtime (she's only 7).

7. tgmii

tgmii Member

Feb 21, 2002
    New Jersey
    +1 sleepover ...

I think thats why they made sure the HD pixelation patch was released before friday! :)

HSM 1 songs now stuck in head, from kids singing them, assuming same from HSM 2 .

I like that they are still jazzed about Harry Potter and stuff like this. I can deal with this peer pressure :)

Tom

8. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Looks like a lot of the younger kids like it. I thought it was geared more to the junior high. I may have to watch tonight to see what the hype is about. :eek:

9. Meinrad

Meinrad dumdiddydum

Nov 16, 2001
    Pittsburgh Area
    We'll be watching tonight. My 5yo loves HM1 and has been waiting anxiously for HM2.

10. waldingrl

waldingrl Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ryan:
    A long time ago in a land far away
    lived the pineapple princess, Tiki.
    She was sweet as a peach, in a pineapple way,
    but so sad that she hardly speaky.
    Still, if you listen well,
    you’ll hear her secret wish.

Sharpay:

Aloha everybody, my name is Tiki!

I long to free a truly remarkable fish
    My sweet prince.

Humuhumunukunukuapua’a
    Makihiki malahini-who
    Humuhumunukunukuapua’a
    Ooh!
    Hawana wakawakawakaniki pu pu pu.

(Yeah I copied that - I can't sing it much less type it. :p)

11. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    This thread is reassuring me that this is okay for my 6 year old to be watching. An earlier thread led me to believe that it was geared more toward older kids. Honestly, based on the few parts that I have seen, it looks like a kiddie show to me.

12. garys67

garys67 Lawn Darts Champion

Jan 12, 2005
    I have three girls - 10, 8 and 4. The 10 yr old is going to a sleepover party, the 8 yr old is having a sleepover party at my place and the 4 yr old has been buzzing about it all week.

Me? I just hope there's at least one scene as funny as the Ryan/Sharpay audition from the HSM I. That still makes me laugh. That sequence alone got me through the rest of the movie. That and a bunch of Bluth Family Martinis.

HSM is quite a phenomenon. At Disney's MGM Studios they run about 8-10 HSM 'Pep Rallys' every day - and the crowds form every time.

13. garys67

Jan 12, 2005
    My 4 yr old loves HSM. She really dug Hairspray, too, so maybe she's just into musicals. Or maybe she' s a John Waters fan. Perhaps I'll test her this weekend with Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble!!!

14. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I really quite enjoyed the original HSM and have been looking forward to this. I've recently started watching the Disney and Nick tweener shows with my daughter (Hannah Montana, Drake and Josh etc.) and they are very entertaining. I think it's because they are innocent and lack the cynicism that's in most "grown up" shows.

15. garys67

Jan 12, 2005
    I agree. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to sitcoms of any kind, but both Disney and Nick actually put out decent fare for kids. In fact, I find myself watching Ned's Declasssified School Survival Guide regularly, even sans the anklebiters. It's a damn zippy, funny show chock-full of pop culture references my kids don't even get. It's kind of like an Arrested Development for tweens.

16. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Yep, Ned is a pretty good show (though it's finished it's run now). What I liked about Ned was the continuity between shows, if something happened two years ago it's not forgotten now.

I would say that I like watching

Drake and Josh
    Ned's Declassified
    Hannah Montana
    Cory in the House
    Zack and Cody

and I like a lot of the made for TV movies on Nick and Disney

I tend to watch these a lot when I'm away from the TIVO in a hotel (with the kids) or something. Haven't progressed to watching them on my own yet :)

17. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Me too. :eek:

18. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    My 8 year-old niece is crazy about it. I think she's right in the target age range.

19. fasi22mob

fasi22mob New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    for those interested directv is replaying it next week in HD

20. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    My daughter's 16 and she and her friends are crazy about it. I set up the projector for them in the rec room and they're all in there now making all kinds of noise. 14 minutes until show time!