High Grade Scart connectors

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by stephen93, Jan 18, 2006.

1. stephen93

stephen93 New Member

May 7, 2001
    Swanwick, UK

Advertisements

I'm thinking of getting a good grade scart in the region of £20, is it worth it? reason I ask is, the scart that came with TiVo has gold connectors, is that as good as one for £20 or more?

Steve

2. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
  3. yonderblue

yonderblue New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Edinburgh
    Check your local TK Maxx store they are selling IXOS XHT601 Ingot Scart (1.5m) for £14.99 each (Instore, They don't sell online) . I bought a couple and very pleased with them normally they are £30+ in most stores/online.

4. stephen93

stephen93 New Member

May 7, 2001
    Swanwick, UK
    I've got a Progold Scart the picture is alot better on my LCD tv

5. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England

Advertisements

I use the same SCARTs as RichardJH but got mine from the same place as TVCables by the look of it.
    http://cpc.farnell.com/ search for Flat SCART and you'll find them. Prices are exVAT and you need to order >£35+VAT to get free shipping.

I reckon the SCART supplied with Tivo is pretty decent quality anyway but I needed straight out connectors for my SCART switcher.

6. Glesgie

Glesgie New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    London
  7. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    Might be worth running a search on "locking SCART" at CPC.
    Comes up with a lot of matches e.g. http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV07487&N=411. Click on the 'Catalogue Page' links to see more detail (the site's a bit awkward to use). The image in the description is in the paper catalogue and shows someone swinging a DVD player around their head by the SCART lead :)
    I'm not affilated to CPC either - just a satisfied customer.