Hide unsubscribed channels while scrolling

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by FrCraig, Nov 24, 2020.

1. FrCraig

FrCraig New Member

Nov 24, 2020

Advertisements

I have the DCX900 Arris 4K TiVo box provided by my local cable company. I can go to settings / channel lineup and unselect the several hundred channels that I don't subscribe to so that they no longer show up in the Guide, but when I scroll through channels with the channel up/down button I have to wait for each unsubscribed channel to load, then when I see the "not subscribed" notice, I press channel up again, and keep going until I find a channel I subscribe to. Since I have about 400 out of 1,700 channels with my cable company, trying to relax and 'scroll' through the channels is a very frustrating experience. Is there any way to prevent the unsubscribed channels from loading/showing up when I scroll through the channels with the channel up/down button? Thanks for any advice.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    while in the guide, press the yellow "a" button, and change "channels" to "my channels" and the guide will display only the checked channels.

3. FrCraig

FrCraig New Member

Nov 24, 2020
    Thank you for your reply. I did figure out how to hide the unsubscribed channels from the guide, but I would also like to hide them when I scroll up and down through the live TV channels using the channel up/down button.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    this should take care of both - the guide, and channel up/down.