Hey, who turned off the TV? 404: We're sorry, but the page you were looking for definitely does not

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Brazos, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Brazos

Brazos New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Sugar Land, TX

Advertisements

Received my new Tivo Bolt Vox and when trying to activate it I keep getting a page not found error.
    1. I already have a few TIVOs and I'm logged into my account it trying to do the activation.
    2. I'm entering the service number correctly. Even entered it incorrectly to see if the error was caught (it was).
    3. Tried different browsers, different pc's, cleared the cache, cookies etc.
    I've entered a tkt with Tivo who asked me to try different things (hence # 3).
    They said to try again tomorrow but really didn't say if there was a known problem.
    Anyone else seeing this issue?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I went up to the choice of payment plans without error. When do you get it?

3. Brazos

Brazos New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Sugar Land, TX
    After entering my service number and selecting the agreement. I click on "Continue" and straight to the 404 page. I'm doing this from within my account under "Activate Tivo Device". The status bar at top is Green at "Get Started". Doesn't make it to "Account Information".

4. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Is it refurbished, or a returned unit, that still might be active on another account?

5. Brazos

Brazos New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Sugar Land, TX

Advertisements

Brand new Tivo Bolt Vox from Weaknees. I seriously doubt that it's a refurbished unit.

6. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Well, it was a guess. Some times people buy things, activate them, but never use them. You would think if it was activated on another account that TiVo would have said something to you.

Did you know that 12 units is the maximum number of devices that TiVo will recognize? Maybe, you've got a few older units still on your account page?

7. Brazos

Brazos New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Sugar Land, TX
    12? I had no idea the limit was 12. Interesting. Way below that. In 15 years this will be only number 4. If I get get it activated! :)