Heroes: 10/6/08 "I am Become Death"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Turtleboy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Oct 7, 2008 #1 of 141
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale

Advertisements

Ok, this show has serious problems. In the past, there was a thread created the second it was over (if not before). Now, no one cares enough to create one at all.

On to the show. . I hope they get away from all the time travel with the various, multiple, alternate futures. This is why I stopped reading X-Men years and years ago.

And Jeff Goldblum call your lawyer and sue Saresh.

2. Oct 7, 2008 #2 of 141
    jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    So, current Peter can teleport into level 5 and Hiro cannot teleport out? Plus the time travel is confusing sometimes.

I also thought Peter gained powers by being around anyone with powers so why would he need Sylar's method? Shouldn't he have all of future Peters powers since he has been around him?

Wish they just had bad guys fight good guys, but anyway I'll keep watching. :)

3. Oct 7, 2008 #3 of 141
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Peter gained his powers by empathy. Silar gained his powers by understanding how things work.

4. Oct 7, 2008 #4 of 141
    MasterCephus

MasterCephus New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Hueytown,...
    I am still watching, but it's getting more confusing. I am afraid that they are going ala 4400 with this whole formula thing. That's a little disturbing.

My fear is that instead of following through with their originality, they are selling the actors/actresses instead which to me is a downfall of a show...keep the writing solid and have great ideas and people won't care who is acting...

5. Oct 7, 2008 #5 of 141
    TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006

Advertisements

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm losing interest. I love this show, but so far, this season is not grabbing my attention. It's getting too far-fetched.

Brundlehinder is nothing but an annoyance now and what's with "Harvey" Lindeman?

So many stolen ideas and so little originality, which is what made the show intriguing in the first place.

The Tracy triplet thing is interesting but even Hiro wasn't particularly entertaining - and I won't even mention Parkman!

6. Oct 7, 2008 #6 of 141
    atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So if the end result is they have the other person's power, what's the difference how they get it from them? And even if for some reason Present Peter needs to do it Sylar's way...why? Why did he even go to see Sylar in the first place? Present Peter is acting like he was on a mission and I don't even know what it is. In terms of the whole Present Peter story arc, I am truly lost. If anyone else can explain it, I'd be a happier camper I'm sure. :)

How did Claire kill Future Peter? I didn't see any bullets go into the back of his head? Can't he just heal? Why didn't he stop time before the bullets hit him?

So is his mission going to be prevent another person from blowing up a city?

7. Oct 7, 2008 #7 of 141
    Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    The Haitian was there to prevent his powers. Claire's immortality seems to be based differently then the healing power that Peter has inherited. Just as Sylar couldn't get that part either (I am guessing he died in big explosion).

I feel in the minority, I actually enjoyed the episode. I thought it was cool that Parkman ended up with Daphne.

I think the Level 5 rooms prevent power from being used. Peter used his power somewhere else to end up there. I don't think he will be able to easily just get out without being let out.

Saresh reminds me more of what happened to the professer in Lost in Space.

And it looks like his work was a waste of time, since the pieces of paper contain the formula that actually works.

8. Oct 7, 2008 #8 of 141
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm a little unclear on the details, but he said he needed Sylar's ability to understand powers to save the world.
    Maybe he eventually figures it out, and the pieces of paper are his formula...

...FROM THE FUTURE! :D

9. Oct 7, 2008 #9 of 141
    MasterCephus

MasterCephus New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Hueytown,...
    I don't think so...by looking at him from the future, I think he even says that he made a mistake in his formula...I think we are going to learn that an older scientist working for the company (read my prediction, which seems to be right) created the "correct" forumla.

10. Oct 7, 2008 #10 of 141
    bobcarn

bobcarn Birthday Hug Monkey TCF Club

Nov 18, 2001
    Trenton,...
    My pet peeve. Whereas before there were just plot holes with their time travel stories, now it's like a bowl of spaghetti..... a mess.

There were fun moments, there was some good engaging action. Overall though, the story is just too jumbled. But I think my biggest problem with it is that it's just getting ugly and too extreme. Claire torturing Peter, Sylar with his grisly rituals, Mama Petrelli giving Angela Lansbury a run for her money as the worst mother ever..... it's just plain ugly.

11. Oct 7, 2008 #11 of 141
    NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    I'm getting LOST in trying to keep up with all the different threads in the story, don't get me wrong a little mystery/suspense is always good but we also need some resolution before frustration kicks in because we can't tell what happened or has not happened in the timeline.

12. Oct 7, 2008 #12 of 141
    bobcarn

bobcarn Birthday Hug Monkey TCF Club

Nov 18, 2001
    Trenton,...
    Didn't she say that he wasn't dead? That she couldn't kill him?

13. Oct 7, 2008 #13 of 141
    headroll

headroll Let em' Roll

Jan 20, 2003
    Long...
    No she said that she killed one of him, but there was still another she needed to kill.

-Roll

14. Oct 7, 2008 #14 of 141
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    that's what i thought too, that he was at level 5 'suspended' somehow to prevent him from waking up...

but how would he survive something like this?

[​IMG]

15. Oct 7, 2008 #15 of 141
    GDG76

GDG76 .

Oct 2, 2000
    So was "Noah" in the future Noah Bennett who had somehow been made younger (through someone's power)?

You would think Claire would know this, but if it was 4 yrs into the future, that kid was not 3 yrs old. So either he's adopted or something else is going on...

16. Oct 7, 2008 #16 of 141
    BitbyBlit

BitbyBlit .

Aug 25, 2001
    I enjoyed it too, and in fact think the story is building up quite nicely.

Yeah, he didn't need it because he needed to gain more powers; he needed it to "understand all the variables". Perhaps some combination of feeling and understanding is necessary in order for him to do what he needs to do.

Future Peter had the power, but not the understanding to use it in the right way to achieve the desired result, so he wanted Present Peter to gain Sylar's ability in the hope that he would understand all of the forces that were leading the world down the path of destruction.

17. Oct 7, 2008 #17 of 141
    LooseWiring

LooseWiring Active Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I enjoyed the episode very much but I have one issue.

How many Ali Larters are there? Triplets? Umm, there were 4 of them if you include the mysterious Barbara who was in the pictures.

1: Nikki
    2: Jessica(there WAS a real Jessica who was killed/whatever by their father.
    3: Barbara
    4: Nathan's new assistant

18. Oct 7, 2008 #18 of 141
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    The Ali Larter Story line doesn't work for me very well. All of the other people with abilities we've seen came to them via heredity. Adding Genetic Engineering into the mix doesn't work for me at all.
    Tim Kring and company really had something magical with this show in season 1. It seems he's lost his way, or listened to a few too many network execs.
    DOn't get me wrong, Heroes is still better than most of what's out there on network TV, it's just not the show I fell in love with 2 seasons ago. I hope it can come back.

19. Oct 7, 2008 #19 of 141
    yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    That seems plausible to me. If the abilities can be granted by artificial means (i.e. the vaccine) then genetic engineering could do it to.

My problem is this episode seems to be a remix of the past two. Changing the future to prevent someone from going nuclear and/or other bad things from happening.

Why can't they fix stuff going on now?

20. Oct 7, 2008 #20 of 141
    milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Falls...
    i agree on the whole deal with Peter - first, he DOES heal. so the bullets should just come off of him. he may not be immortal, but we've seen him heal.

second, um hello, what happened to his telekenisis (sp?)??? ok, so he may have been surprised by the bullets, so i can live with that part.

and as others have said, the whole going to sylar to get his power was pointless in my opinion. but while he was there- hello! you have time stopping power, you have all these other powers, and you just stand there????

they need to be more consistent with their characters. this is getting annoying.