Heroes - 10/13/2009 - Hysterical Blindness

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by busyba, Oct 13, 2009.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

Seriously? 20 hours later and no thread?

Wow, people must really have lost interest.

I guess it's gotten so bad that not even Claire entering her stereotypical college co-ed experimental phase could generate some buzz around here. :D

2. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    I liked Peter's WTF moment when he realized he'd lost his speed and picked up SoundSeeing Girl's power. :)

3. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i'll repeat what i asked before, what is the plot/storyline this season? so far the best i can come up with is 'strange carnys who also have powers are looking for others for some unknown reason and sylar is still on the show and can't be killed but has no point or story either'.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I actually liked this episode, a lot.

Maybe it's just a fluke that all the plotlines happened to hit high points simultaneously. But I even enjoyed Peter and Sylar, and the carnies got a lot more interesting.

It will be interesting to see if it continues to all come together, or if it was just a lucky week.

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

Peter used to be able to control whether or not he took a power. I wonder what happened.

I was lol at the idea of the deaf girl trying to read Peter's F'd up lips. :D

6. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I have no idea what Samuel's deal is..maybe a Magneto makes Genosha storyline ala X-Men? Sylar is going to go thru another round of trying to be good and then the real Sylar comes thru and wreaks havoc...boring. And Synesthesia Girl her power is sound wave manipulation?

Claire's kiss was uneventful, she didn't even kiss back. ;)

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Looked to me like she actually sorta did a bit. She even closed her eyes and held the kiss, which is not really the reaction you'd expect to an unwelcome kiss.

Also, regardless of what the character thought of it, Hayden the actress seemed to like it, as her pupils were dilated afterwards. :)

8. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    It seems like a lot of unrelated bits and pieces are being put out there and will all come together at the end. At least I hope they'll come together. Wading through all this backstory is boring.

9. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Looked to me like she definitely kissed back. She didn't recoil from revulsion, that's for sure.

And I officially admit I was dead wrong about the new roommate killing the old roommate.

10. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I'm trying to figure out how the Carny's circus appeared for Syler, and then seemed to immediately disappear. Do they have some sort of cloaking power? Does the circus move through space and/or time like Hiro? Remember they were in Japan when Ando spilled the slushie on Hiro's sister, now they seem to be in metro DC (Syler was arrested in Baltimore, and the Sorority Queen is in Arlington VA).

And in other concerns, if Peter was using his super-speed to rescue people (or get to accidents faster than the ambulance) he will be less effective now, will people notice? And since "seeing sounds" has to be the most useless power they have ever introduced, you know it has to have a dark side (witness the crack in the wall that playing the cello generated).
    So far I'm cautiously optimistic about the series --the disparate threads seem to be coming together in a decent way and the motivations of the characters make a little more sense (although there have been so many retcons that you can't really attribute motivations to the characters).

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Claire's kiss would have had more shock value if it wasn't in last week's previews and if the other girl wasn't so homely.

12. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I liked this episode a ton. And I almost deleted my SP this past weekend.

As for lack of plot or where it's going... I'm liking it that way. It's more like the beginning of Season 1 where we (and the characters) didn't know what their deal was and where anything was going at all. We just went along for the ride with the characters and learned things as they learned them. I think when there's been a definitive plot, is when the show actually suffers.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Perhaps more to the point, when the plot takes over at the expense of the characters or, sometimes, basic common sense.

14. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Overall this was a big "Meh" episode.....felt like all we did was watch Syler yet AGAIN struggle with then use his powers to harm folks...then the rest of the time was watching sound rainbows....ugh...I'm not giving up on the show, but sometimes it drags and drags and makes me want to just give up.

15. ct1

ct1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 27, 2003
    Maryland
    Which sounds become colors? It isn't loud/soft, it isn't pure/harsh... Or is it more based on special effects budget?

16. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I liked learning about invisible girl and how she did it. My kids liked that the kids were singing the theme to the Greatest American Hero, they all sang along. :D

17. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Your kids remember that show? Cool.

What would be the benefit of being able to see sound? Useless power IMO.

18. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    My guess is, Peter wanted to "connect" with SoundSeeing Girl, and his power reacted to that. If she had been an ugly guy with BO, Peter would still have his speed. :p :)

19. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah but at the end when she got frustrated playing the cello or whatever it was, she was able to crack open her apartments wall...so the sound can be a destructive power.

20. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Agreed. I really liked this episode.

So it makes me think who wasn't featured. Parkman, Hiro, HRG.

Hmm... I know I don't like Parkman, but I thought I liked Hiro and HRG.