here's a new problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by chicagocat, Jan 25, 2006.

1. chicagocat

chicagocat New Member

Dec 19, 2004

Advertisements

I was stuck on the "now playing" page while a movie was being recorded. After repeatedly trying to leave that screen, my tivo box stopped recording and suddenly went to the "Welcome. Powering up." page! Then it went through the starting up motions and eventually starting recording the movie again, as a new recording.

I know I'm close to using up my 40 hrs of storage time; but would that cause such a problem?

Thanks for any help.

2. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Don't know much

Feb 7, 2002
    Maryland
    Yes that will cause what you describe. It has happened to me because my lovely wife records every program in the known universe on a season pass. When the disc nears capacity strange things happen.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Sorry Jerry, but it really doesn't work that way. Tivo's hard drive is essentially always full of recordings ... your specified recordings plus its own Suggestions plus its "Live TV" buffer. Of course, strange things do happen with Tivos that can result in reboots. If it only happens once very blue moon, then it's probably nothing to worry about. If it happens often, then it's time to consider causes like overheating, AC power glitches, or hard drive problems.

4. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Yep, I once had 146 Season Passes and Auto Record Wish Lists on a 30 hour TiVo. It was jam packed all the time but ran perfectly.