Help with Tivo HDR10-250 new hd???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mpcollins, Oct 23, 2007.

1. mpcollins

mpcollins New Member

Oct 23, 2007

Advertisements

Back in June, I had a new Hard drive installed in my High Def Tivo unit for DIRECTV
    and was told by the unscrupulous private repair company that the unit will be able to get all the new HD channels by DIRECTV which all launched a few weeks ago. I did receive a new reciever from DIRCETV which works with all the new channels but I like the Tivo unit a lot better. Suffice to say, the repaired Tivo is not getting the new channels, despite the updated dish etc. Any suggestions???
    I basically spent close to $400 to repair a unit that won't/can't recieve these new HD channels

2. toneman

toneman This space for rent

Oct 17, 2002
    Northern...
    You can still continue to use the HR10 to record the MPEG2 HD (HDNet, HDNet Movies, UHD, ESPN, ESPN2)--at least until they are eventually no longer transmitted in MPEG2...which may either be quite a while or fairly soon, depending on who you want to believe--and OTA channels; the other alternative would be to Ebay it but I think you probably won't get too much for it these days. In any case--yeah it sucks that you were misled like that.

If it's any small consolation--less than a month ago I swapped out the hard drive in my HR10 for a larger one...granted it wasn't for the same reason you did so w/ yours, and I only shelled out an additional $80 instead of $400...but still, I can sympathize w/ you.

3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    You basically got screwed!

The HR10-250 is incapable of receiving the new MPEG4 channels and never will be. End of.

(Sorry - I read that back and it seemed harsh - I didn't mean it to be)

4. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    any chance you have that promise in writing? email maybe? if not, dont know what you can do.

I'm assuming you relied on the info to repair for 400 instead of paying for HR20 so in theory you could win. But how do you prove all that?

Id just begin a mass anti (insert name of company) effort on your part and maybe file with BBB or some other online place like resellerratings if they are listed there.