Help with S-video cable connections

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Danoeasy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Danoeasy

Danoeasy New Member

Jan 18, 2006

Advertisements

Here are the particulars:

I have a Phillips Directv receiver and a Series 2 Humax Tivo. I have an antiquated Magnavox TV with a simple RF plug.

Now I've hooked up everything and I'm inputting through the Tivo. Everything seems to be working fine when I use the composite, but when I tried to switch out to S-video cables I lose the video. The video cables work as I'm tried them on other devices such and they work fine. Any suggestions?

2. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Sorry, I do not completely understand your hook-ups. Are you running S-Video to your TV?

3. Danoeasy

Danoeasy New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    An RF (co-ax) is running through the Tivo with the Directv outputted to the Tivo. I'm using composite plugs and it's working fine, but when I tried to switch to S video cable, I lose the picture. I've checked the cables, they work fine, as well as, the proper inputs and outputs.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Not sure, but you might need to repeat Guided Setup on the Humax to specify the SVideo input instead of the composite video input.

5. Danoeasy

Danoeasy New Member

Jan 18, 2006

Advertisements

To clarify, the TV has an RF plug (only input) so I've connected the TV and the Tivo with a co-ax.