Help with RCN problem.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bigrollo, Jul 29, 2007.

1. bigrollo

bigrollo New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    I live in the Allentown, PA area and recently RCN had us all swap out our old Motorola boxes for the new DCT700 models. They are about the size of a videotape. Since then I've had trouble with my Series 2 Tivo. A lot of the channels recording have been recording choppy and pixelated. Also the infrared feature has been giving me a lot of issues with it missing a number or two, hence taping the wrong channel. I've swapped out my AV cables with new ones and this has not fixed the issue. If anyone has any suggestions please I'm at wits end with this. Most of my recorded shows are unwatchable. My Tivo is a TiVo Series2 (TCD540040).

Thanks Marc

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You may have to select a different IR code and speed. Also, make sure they are placed correctly.

The pixelation is symptomatic of pending hard drive failure.

3. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    The pixelation may also be a problem with the cable service. Make sure their stuff is good before assuming its the tivo.

4. bigrollo

bigrollo New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    I failed to mention this earlier. When I run the cable from the box directly to the tv the picture is never choppy. Only when I passthrough the Tivo to the Television. Also my TV is not HD just standard or whatever you'd call it.

MaRc

5. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    Maybe JimSpence was right again... :)