Help with Premiere SD Guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mattyro7878, Jun 30, 2020 at 4:55 PM.

1. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    My Premiere is so sluggish I put it into standard definition menu mode. For some reason all the listings are greyed out. Infer guide options if I use the filter such as movies, the movies are brighter than all else. How do I get everything nice and white??

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Do you mean the text is grey, versus the old white? Mine's the same way, I think it's to do with the way they "updated" the SDUI to be flat blue like the HDUI in the last few versions. There's a whole bunch of stuff that you can see they tried to update but it doesn't quite fit - the new flat tick marks, labels over-run each other, dark blue backgrounds behind "One moment" pop-ups that didn't used to be there, etc.

3. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    This is the non-HD menu. The show info is bright white lettering. The shows themselves (in the live guide) are more grey than white. Odd thing is...if I use the guide filter- the filter I choose (movies)..those shows are in bright white in the guide and non movie offerings are dull grey. The grid guide looks good. but the main rason I got a te3 device was for the live guide. The HD guide and menus are fine. Its just the SD live guide I am disappointed with.

4. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Like I said, mine is the same. I think it’s to do with what they did to make the SD menus look like the HD menus (changing font color, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk