Help with Hulu Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Risuli, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Risuli

Risuli Member

Aug 22, 2001
    Detroit, MI
    Thought I'd give Hulu Plus a try but I can't seem to locate how to activate it on my Premiere (with 14.8 update). If I go to Tivo Central, Find TV, movies & videos, the only options I am presented with are Search, Browse TV & movies, and Wishlist saved searches. No choices for Hulu, Blockbuster, Amazon, or Netflix as shown on the Tivo website for Hulu activation.

If I go into Browse TV & Movies, down to Available from..., I only have the choice of Blockbuster, Amazon or Netflix. Anyone have a similar problem and a solution?

(I have signed up for my Hulu Plus one free month as well).

Thanks for the help.

2. darock159

darock159 New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    it is under music photos and showcases in the SDUI and under find tv movies and videos in the HDUI:)

3. tunarollz

tunarollz Jon at TiVo

Jun 1, 2011
    Sunnyvale, CA
    try a few service calls and a reboot. It may take some time to finally show up.

4. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    In the HDUI, it was under My Shows for me.

5. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I dont have it either. Ive rebooted, forced updates, etc. Nothing.. I have the correct version software and already got the email. Its Tivo tho so no big surprise it isnt working.

6. Risuli

Risuli Member

Aug 22, 2001
    Detroit, MI
    I forced a restart last night and the Hulu Plus finally appeared under Find TV, Movies & Videos selection under Tivo Central. I was able to activate the Tivo for Hulu Plus and everything seems to work fine (abeit, very slowly).

So, maybe patience is what is required and it will eventually show up.

Unfortunately, I can't say I saw that much on Hulu Plus to make me pay $7.99 a month, especially after I found out that Hulu is inserting commercials into the programming. If I am expected to pay a monthly fee I would expect that the content would not be interrupted with commercials in the beginning, middle and end as it appears from this trial.

In any event, thanks to all who responded, I appreciate your thoughts and efforts.

7. tunarollz

tunarollz Jon at TiVo

Jun 1, 2011
    Sunnyvale, CA
    congrats!