Help with extra channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by ad_jack, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ad_jack

ad_jack New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Hello I am new here, had tivo now for about 4 months now, one question though. Can you manipulate your tivos to get tv guide information for channels that don't fall under your post code??

I live on the west coast of wales you see and pick up the 4 irish terrestrial channels. now they do appear on my tivo but with no information not even channel names they appear the channel frequency they are broadcast on
    RTE 1 = Ant 7
    TV3 = Ant 26 and so on

Is there any way i can get these channels to have the correct info and guide data without changing my location to Ireland (But then surely id lose my info for BBC1/2, HTV and S4C)

any help much appreciated
    adam

2. Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    I'm not sure offhand if the Irish domestic channels are in Tivo's database. I suspect they might be as I believe people living in Northern Ireland are within the expected viewing catchment of the broadcasters of Eire. Having said that there are quite a few new channels that have launched on Sky in the last 2 years that Tivo seems to deem it to be too much like hard work to add to their database.

I could only recommend re-running Guided Setup choosing a postcode from Belfast and seeing what channel choice you then get.

Having said that I'm sure we have a Northern Irish member somewhere in the forum ranks (the only one I can think of is a guy called Andrew who also sells Cachecards on Ebay) who ought to be able to give you the answer without re-running Guided Setup.

Also I'm sure our remaining active forum moderator ozsat must know the answer to this one.

3. afrokiwi

afrokiwi Member

Oct 6, 2001
    Den Haag,...
    bump .... i wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this one too

4. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK