Help with a TWP Tweak

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by ddrumer, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ddrumer

ddrumer New Member

Dec 3, 2004

Advertisements

I love using my TWP but i have an idea:

You know were it says at the top "TIVOWEBPLUS PROJECT - v.1.2.1"
    what file do I append/change so the top says "TIVOWEBPLUS PROJECT - v.1.2.1 LIVINGROOM" or whatever. I have looked through the files and am overwhelmed. If someone can help me find the file i would appreciate.

I have two Dtivos that i want access to. I orignally thought i could get along just using different themes to distinguish, but i really like sortof

YES! i had already thought about just remembering the i.p. addresses but it would be cool to have it labled to make shure i have the right i.p/port

Thanks for the help!

ddrumer

2. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    There's definitely a way to change this to read whatever you want. It has to do with editing one of the file in the tivoweb folder, but for the life of me I can't remember which one right now. I know I have it written down around here somewhere; I'll do some digging and see if I can find it.

3. ddrumer

ddrumer New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Thanks, I knew there was. I will continue to search as well. Let me know if anyone finds out first please.

ddrumer

4. ddrumer

ddrumer New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Can we say . . . . . . html.itcl

It took a while but i finally got smart and right clicked on the page while in TWP and viewed the source. Then i looked for the heading of the page and there it was. So i started with the file named html (seemed logical . . . right?) Finally i just tacked on the name Livingroom to the end on the header section.

For anyone who wants to do this:
    1. ftp and download that file (i recomend changing it to html.bak.itcl and then downloading, just incase)

2. ctrl-f and find the text: VERSION&nbsp

3. i just put a space and put Livingroom, for now i.e.: VERSION&nbsp Livingroom

4. Rinse and Repeat for other dvrs

Attached Files:

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.

Advertisements

I just named them in my hosts files. Just punch the name that into the web browser, FTP client, or telnet app.

6. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    I used the color schemes to tell which is which, but still cool. :up:

7. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
  8. ddrumer

ddrumer New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    yea . . . but i also changed the Realm for the log in from "TiVo-web"

Just search for "realm" in the same file and whalah!!!!!

Attached Files: