Help w/ InstantCake

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by A.C., Oct 23, 2007.

1. A.C.

A.C. New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    South

Advertisements

Lat night I bought instantcake. I needed it because I had to replace my upgraded drive with the original drive. The reason I had to use instantcake was because the original drive still have 2.5 on it and the only way to get to the lastest code was to use instantcake.

Here's the problem. My upgrade/restore is failing because it says the target drive is too small. Not until I dug and dug on their website did I find you had to use a larger drive. I don't need to use a larger drive because this is a kids TiVo.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work?

Thanks.

2. whitepelican

whitepelican Member

Feb 14, 2005
    If this is for a Series2 DirecTivo (not an R10 or HR10-250), then set aside the Instantcake and check out the top search result in this Google search..

3. tivoupgrade

tivoupgrade Sponsor

Sep 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL...
    The details of needing a larger drive (and not using your original) are stated in the the instructions, but sorry your missed that.

The reason it likely won't work on your original drive is because the swap size created by InstantCake is slightly larger, so it won't fit on your original drive. One workaround would be to follow JUST Part one of the instructions in this post as it contains a script that will allow you to image the drive with a "normal" swap size.

Lou