Help Using freesat

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by robmdavies, Jul 1, 2011.

1. robmdavies

robmdavies New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Leeds, UK
    I have installed freesat, but need some help with the guided setup. When I used freeview, the setup ignored the analogue channel scan (output from stb), but after selecting freesat the setup wanted to scan for the output channel. 2 questions, the freesat box don't have rf on them so will it cause any problems getting past this point by just using a live tv channel? Also, how does TiVo know to record from the scart connection.

2. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Sounds like exactly the same problem parsonjr is having over here - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8594583

Make sure you select "Aerial + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial"
    ( and not "Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial" )

And select "I do not have a set-top box".

Please let us know if that fixes it! :)

3. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Indeed, with the correct setup Tivo will expect to see the Freesat box on the AUX Scart connection.

Automan.

4. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    No, the OP is using freeSAT

For FreeSAT it should be Aerial + Digital Satellite:

[​IMG]

That message is only on dual source setup, not on normal screens.

Also note that later on Freesat-from-sky (using a sky box) should choose sky:

[​IMG]

only choose freesat if you have a non-sky box i.e. humax etc.

5. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    True enough (the curse of cut&paste!). The nub of my point was to make sure you select a single source setup. (although parsonjr says he's done that but still gets asked for RF input channel :eek: ).

6. robmdavies

robmdavies New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Leeds, UK
    Thanks, i shall try again, I think maybe it's saying yes to the "do you have a set top box" question that might be the problem.

7. robmdavies

robmdavies New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Leeds, UK
    Thanks everyone. It's working, it was the slightly confusing "are you using a set top box" question that was causing the problem.

Just need to get a humax (or other supported receiver) so the TiVo can change the channel.:)

8. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Indeed, the Humax Freesat HD box cost a bit more but works better than the Harvard ones (bush, goodmans, grundig badged).

Automan.