help understanding when S2 service will end

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by pghkirwan, Sep 16, 2007.

1. pghkirwan

pghkirwan Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh

Advertisements

I'm wondering when the service on my S2 will end - I checked - I bought an S3 9/20/06 and transferred my lifetime subscription to it. Therefore, I had the one year prepay for the S2.

My question is when the S2 service ends - will it be 9/20 or 12/28/06, the date shown in My Account when the transfer took place?

It's my understanding that after either date, if I don't move to one of the current payment plans, I'll have an attractive doorstop.

I don't want to start recording this season's TV shows on the S2 if I won't be able to use it. (It's set up with the original 80gb drive and a 120 gb drive).

thanks,

Don

2. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002

Regardless of subscription status, you can watch any program that was recorded when the unit was subbed. You will not have any recording capability after the subscription expires.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Your "prepay" will end on 9/20. It wouldn't be 12/28 because that would mean that you got 3 months of free service on one tivo. The deal was for 12 months, not 15 months.

Your "prepay" will expire, but the subscription will not. With the "prepay" you were on a one year plan. When that ends you will be billed $10.95 to the credit card that tivo has on file. You don't have to do anything unless you want a cheaper rate with a longer commitment or you want to cancel and you'd have to call tivo to do that.

If canceling, you may want to disconnect it from the phone line or broadband connection before canceling. This way it doesn't get the message that the sub was canceled and will continue to function with manual recordings - for a while anyway.

4. pghkirwan

pghkirwan Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    So, if I understand, if I do nothing, Tivo will ding my credit card for the monthly?

think i'll stick with the S3 with the lifetime sub.

thanks,

don

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

Advertisements

Today is already the 19th. I'd bet that Tivo has already dinged your credit card for a month of service.