HELP!!! Tivo 4k keeps rebooting after software update

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by supersonic118, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Mar 8, 2021 #1 of 11
    supersonic118

supersonic118 New Member

Mar 8, 2021

Advertisements

Yesterday my TiVo updated itself. After that it worked for a bit until today when I was watching YouTube and it randomly rebooted. It booted back into the home screen for about 30 seconds then rebooted itself again. This process keeps repeating no matter what I do. Unplugging it doesn't help. It seems to be a software issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Mar 8, 2021 #2 of 11
    Tuckers

Tuckers New Member

Feb 20, 2021
    Full llowing, I had similar issue.

3. Mar 9, 2021 #3 of 11
    markatwork

markatwork New Member

Mar 9, 2021
    I had this issue from using and outlet adapter that didnt come with the TiVo but from my old firestick and once i changed it back it stopped rebooting on me...dont see how that made any difference what was plugged into the wall but it really did in my case

4. Mar 9, 2021 #4 of 11
    Tuckers

Tuckers New Member

Feb 20, 2021
    Mine eventually settled down after I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

5. supersonic118

supersonic118 New Member

Mar 8, 2021

Advertisements

I think it is an issue with the power supply as I have been using an old firestick charging brick. Changing it seemed to have solved the issue for now. Thanks.

6. garryja

garryja New Member

Mar 20, 2021
    I'm also having reboot problems after the latest software update. The Tivo Stream 4k will only boot in my older model tv. I'm using the original power supply, so I don't think that is the problem. I suspect HDMI ports on the older television might be the difference.

7. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Think Tivo will give up on this device? Or onward thru the fog? People will be less likely to just flush it down the toilet if it was communicating with our DVRs.

8. Apr 2, 2021 #8 of 11
    prone

prone New Member

Apr 2, 2021
    I've noticed ever since the latest firmware, regardless of app... the tv4k crashes and reboots constantly. Prior to the update, it was working fine... never crashed. I'm assuming based on this post, its a common issue?

9. grinchers

grinchers New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Having the same problem - Tivo Stream 4k keeps rebooting. Specifically when I'm trying to watch something on Peacock app. Really frustrating.

10. josephtanyh

josephtanyh New Member

Mar 13, 2021
    Any solution to this?

11. Foogie

Foogie New Member

Mar 23, 2021
    Sell it and buy an Android Box with over 10watt power suppy