Help setting up DVD Recorder w/ TIVO

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by kmg126, Mar 20, 2006.

1. kmg126

kmg126 New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    I am trying to set up a DVD recorder (DVD Recorder & VCR combo) to my DirectTV TIVO. My TIVO has 2 satellites hooked up and I'm just not sure which cables go where. I really need some help with simple instructions....cable from wall to RF in, etc. Any help is appreciated. I want to be able to record the programs and movies I have saved on my TIVO (almost out of disk space) and also be able to dub from video to DVD.
    Thanks!!
    Karen

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Check the manual for how to connect a VCR to the TiVo. In your case, you connect it to your DVD/VCR combo unit. Leave the cables from the dish as they are, they should be connected to the Sat In 1 and 2 inputs. Then one set of TiVo outputs are connected to the TV for viewing and the other set is connected to the combo unit for saving shows off the TiVo. Then connect the outputs of the combo unit to a different set of inputs on the TV so you can view that device.

3. tbeckner

tbeckner TiVo Fan

Oct 26, 2001
    Bend, OR, USA
    The instructions and diagrams for connecting your DirecTiVo are in the manual.

The instructions for connecting your DVD recorder/VCR to any device, which includes a TiVo are in the DVD record/VCR manual, but to simplify, just connect a standard video/audio cable (red/white/yellow) to one of the outputs on the back of your DirecTiVo to one of the like inputs on your DVD recorder/VCR device. Any detail past that would require the make and model numbers of all devices you need to connect and could take an hour or more to analyze and post. But your original post does not have enough information, especially since combo devices like the DVD recorder/VCR have different methods of connection.