HELP! Series 2 wants to delete everything on boot

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kirk1701, Oct 4, 2007.

1. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007

Advertisements

Hi all,
    I just bought a TivoHD but I still have a lot of stuff on my Toshiba DVD/tivo combo model SD-H400. So today I needed to move the tivo combo and from doing some reading here I found it was better to select "restart tivo" from the menu and when it starts to come back up unplugit rather then unplugging it while it is running as I have done in the past.

However, when I was done rearranging things and hooked it back up and plugged it in I got a message on the screen saying "Clearing and deleting everything" :confused:

I did not select to "clear and delete everything" only to restart the tivo unit. I have over 40 shows on the unit I don't want to loose and I called support and was told nothing could be done, I'm hoping I got wrong advice can anyone confirm this before I plug the unit back in :crying in wait:

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Sounds like you might have selected Clear and Delete Everything by mistake. As far as I know, there is no way to cancel it.

3. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    We'll, thanks for the bad news ZikZak at least I know and won't waste time trying to find a way to make matters worse.

And just to be sure I didn't hit the wrong button I'm going to try a little test when I get the unit back up and running, I'll let you know.

By the way, most of what was on it is still on another tivo series 2 DL I have that was going to be put on e-bay soon as I see just how many problems I have with the series 3 which I'm on the second box now, so not all was lost just a couple a shows from the last couple a nights.

4. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I went ahead and plugged the unit back in, let it Clear and Delete Everything and it looked fine. However today things changed, I turned on the unit and I'm getting small horizontal lines across the screen.

Did I screw up the unit by unplugging it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm clearing and deleting everything now just as a last resort but is it hopeless?

5. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007

Advertisements

We'll, its not the TIVO it looks like its the tuner in the plasma TV according to panasonic so bestbuy is sending out a tech, I was smart and got the 4 year extended warranty.

6. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    Did you try hooking that tuner straight to cable to see if you have the problem?

7. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Yep, and actually thats how I found out it wasn't the TIVO and was purely by accident I did that.

Oh we'll, the plasma is still under 4 year warranty :up:

8. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    Good thing. The only extended warranty (5 years) I ever bought was on my Sony 42" HD LCD Projection TV and it paid off for me. The parts cost alone for the problem I had was more than twice the cost of the warranty.