Help! Running out of Guide Data

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by quietguy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. quietguy

quietguy New Member

May 12, 2004

Advertisements

I have Tivo S2 with lifetime. Yesterday it was telling me that I would be running out of Guide Data within 3 days. I unplug the wireless adaptor and plug it back in. But I could not get into the network settings (it would just error out). So I restarted the TIVO. Then I was able to get into the network settings and did a connect to TIVO server. It said connected but did not downloaded any data ( i am guessing) because tivo is still telling me that I will be running out of data.

Is this because the indexing is corrupted? please help.

thanks

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Or maybe disk is full or close to full with all scheduled recordings.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    That wouldn't give you a notice about guide data running out.

It's more likely the OP is not using an approved adapter or has other network issues.

4. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Or the OP's lineup name has changed. Quietguy, when you go back to the network settings page, what does it say for Last Call Status?

5. quietguy

quietguy New Member

May 12, 2004

Advertisements

Last call status was this morning when I had a bout 5 min to fool around it. it says it's sucessed.

Stupid question: what's OP?

6. Awalt

Awalt New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    OP=Original Poster

Did you perform a test connection or an actual connection?

7. quietguy

quietguy New Member

May 12, 2004
    actual connection

8. Awalt

Awalt New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Does the Tivo assign a MAC address to the wireless adapter? What software version are you running? Have you tried restarting the Tivo?

9. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    If the last call status was "Succeeded" and you still have no guide data, go to the Channels List and press "ENTER" to see alternative lineups. If none of those work, rerun Guided Setup.

10. Awalt

Awalt New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    What is alternative lineup?

11. quietguy

quietguy New Member

May 12, 2004
    I have the same setup for about 3 years. Always worked. I am not sure what version it's now but I guess it would be the most current one for a Stand Alone S2 TIVO.

Once in a blue moon that wireless adaptor lose connection and I just have to unplug and replug it in. nothing more than that.

I can get to yahoo weather and all the other online stuff so i know it's not my connection issue.

I guess I will give it another restart after I get home. If that does not help I don't know what to do.

12. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Well, you could, for example, follow the advice given in this thread.

13. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Read other Posts.

This user is not the only one having problems at the moment, they are appearing everywhere and appear to be on Tivos side of things.

14. quietguy

quietguy New Member

May 12, 2004
    I got home and find out that my guide data is to Mar 7th now. So I guess I am all set. It had healed itself. Weird.

Thanks everyone who tired to help me out.

15. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    My guess of what happened is there was some network problems and guide data was not being properly downloaded. After you got a successful connection you still had no guide data even though it was downloaded. The reason is because it takes some time to take that data and reindex it and get everything running back up to speed. This explains how it "healed itself" as of today.

16. Bark9299

Bark9299 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I'm running into the same thing. But when I go to manually connect to server I can't get into the network menu unless I restart the box. Any ideas?

17. Elstevo

Elstevo New Member

Jan 26, 2005
    While indexing I'm guessing this slows the TiVo down? My TiVo Live Guide is as slow as the Grid atm after system update. I was out of program data as of 3pm today as well (damn cats, need to get a network cable with a non-broken clip :p ) on a stock S2 DT.

18. mquad

mquad New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I too was out of guide data, so I forced a connection. After running a while it succeded, but did not update my guide data. It did download a new sw version though and was waiting for a re-start. After I forced a reboot, I connected again and this time it brought down guide data.

Seems if it is loading sw, it doesn't bother with guide data. Just a guess though.