Help recording sporting events

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bigredd, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Bigredd

Bigredd New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Hello everyone im a new owner of a Tivo 40 hour DVR. I got it for christmas and have only had the service active now for about a week or two. I just have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to set Tivo up to record every game a certain team plays. Like how do i record every laker game? (Season pass???)

2 How do i make sure i get the end of the game if it goes into overtime?

3. Is there a way i can start it recording the game at 5 so that when i get home from work at 6 i can just start watching it from the beginning without waiting for it to finish recording or me missing anything?

I know some of this may not be possible but if it is i would appreciate some help, Thanks.

2. sweetspirit

sweetspirit TechLovin Newbie

Apr 14, 2005
    The OC
    Welcome to TIVO!

1. Set up a Wish List for Laker Games. You can set it to automatically record as one of the options. You can't do this one under Season Pass because the listing is termed NBA Basketball - you'll get every game if you go this route.

2. I usually set the end time 30 minutes (also in Options) beyond when the game is supposed to be over. Many times this will be too much, but once I STILL missed the end when the game went into double overtime.

3. You don't have to wait till it's over. You can start watching whenever you want - it won't mess up anything.

Hope this helps. Have fun!