Help, please!

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by jazzylady09, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jazzylady09

jazzylady09 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Does anyone know how to connect a Panasonic DVD-R to your television/cablebox/tivo? My TV is old and only has a yellow and white connector in the front. I am soooo confused! THANKS!!!!

2. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    I believe that your TV does not support stereo audio, hence the one audio (white) input. You can still get sound without the red plug being plugged in.

As to the setup, it should go like this: yellow/red/white (yrw) outputted from cable box inputted into dvd recorder (or just a coax from here to there), then yrw outputted from dvd recorder to yw input on tv.

I know you said your tv has yellow and white rca inputs on the front, what about the back?

3. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    You don't want to just connect the white from the DVD-R to the TV, you'd be missing half the sound info. Anything isolated in the other channel by stereo separation would be inaudible.

If you must connect something to a mono set let that, get a Y-cable from Radio Shack - two female to one male, and connect the stereo audio R/W cables to that, then plug that into the TV.